LXXXII - Chan

✨ 

Song of the day: 1004 - B

Song of the day: 1004 - B.A.P 

✨ 

"Meet me outside."

Chan leaned down behind me as he whispered. His warm breath brushing against the back of my neck, his sudden appearance making me jump. He was headed for the door faster than I was able to turn around. His hands were in his pockets and his head was lowered. There was only one thing I could think of in that moment; did he finally notice? Did he finally notice how distant I had been, and how reserved I had acted? I snapped out of my thoughts and finally got up on my feet, following the path he had taken out to the door in the back of the building. He meant outdoors, and not in the hall like I first thought. I sighed and pulled my hand through my head as I realised. It was no surprise to me, considering the circumstances.

"What?" I spat at him as the door closed behind me, my hands automatically going down into the pockets of my hoodie. I hadn't brought a coat, which I regretted, the cold air pinching and freezing my skin slowly. Chan let out a light laugh as his hands went digging into the pockets of his coat, not long before a cigarette was placed between his lips, a lighter following right behind. I looked away and nodded, irritated as the first breath of smoke came right into my face. He gently apologised.

"You haven't talked to me for a while. You always shrug things off and you get all pissed when I try to talk to you, or take you out to eat. If there's something, tell me!" He talked as smoke soared out of his mouth. I let out a laugh filled with irony. He was really doing this now, of all times.

"I've told you before, but you never listen, or try to do something about it!" I raised my voice and looked him up and down, disgusted by his behaviour. He kept taking drags at the cigarette as he played with the lighter in his other hand. He smirked and looked off into the distance, his face turned away from me. He tapped off the burnt part of the cigarette, the glowing ash falling onto the ground. He turned back to me and took a drag before raising his head.

"Well, I'm sorry, I have stuff to focus on. Repeat it now, I'll listen and I'll work on it, I promise." He proceeded to lower his head and smile gently, like it would help the situation at all. I blinked my eyes at him. Was he for real? I had told him it a million times over the years we had been together and he never took it seriously, not for me, nor himself. I just stared at him, waiting for him to realise that I was seriously angry and annoyed with him. He placed a hand on my head and patted it, like he always used to do when I was upset. It usually worked, but not this time. Chan was getting halfway through his cigarette and kept flicking it and taking drags, the smoke being caught by the gentle wind and moving away.

"Stop! This is what I've been telling you for ages! You need to stop!" I grabbed his wrist and snatched the cigarette out of his hand, throwing it to the ground and stomping on it to take it out. Chan looked at me in confusion and slight annoyance. If he was pissed, then so be it. I had told him to quit for a very long time, but he never listened. He just nodded and continued with his bad habit. He stuffed his hands into his pockets and scrunched his brows.

"Why? What's so wrong with me smoking?! No one has a problem with it! It's not interfering with anything in my life!" He raised his voice. He hated it when a cigarette went to waste, saying money went down the drain. I laughed up in his face. He couldn't possibly be so dumb, could he.

"Not inte- you smell Chan! You smell like cigarettes all the time, you taste like them whenever I kiss you. The smell is drilled into you and everything you wear. The boys have talked to me about it, saying they're sick of the smell of smoke in the dorms, as you drag that smell inside with you after you've been outside to take a cig. You meet fans regularly, and when you smell like this...you won't have a good reputation. On top of that, you're ruining your own body! You need your lungs, your voice. You need it in this career, and you need to take care of it! It's your way of living!" I shouted at him, my hands finding their ways out of my pocket and out into the air, moving back and forth as I spoke, serious and annoyed. Chan shook his head and scratched the back of his head, looking down as to avoid my eyes.

"Then what do you want me to do? Huh?! Tell me!" He shouted and took a step closer to me. He was trying to overpower me, but it was for nothing. I trusted him and knew he would never cause anyone any harm. I wasn't scared of him. I reached my hand out, my palm facing up. Chan looked at me, a large question mark appearing on his face.

"Give me the cigarettes. You need to quit, and you need to quit now. I don't want to lose you to something as stupid as smoking. Listen to me, ok?" I lowered my voice and tried to remain as calm as possible, it was hard. All of this anger that had built up throughout the years, him just brushing it off and continuing to slowly kill himself. I didn't want that. Chan sighed and pulled out the box of cigarettes, almost slapping it into my hand. I lifted my eyebrow, making him huff, dropping two remaining cigarettes in my hand that he had taken out of the box earlier. I put them in my pocket and smiled at him, genuinely, all my anger and frustration vanishing like it never existed at all. I would throw the cigarettes away as soon as I had the chance to.

"Sorry..." Chan grabbed onto my hoodie and pulled me into a tight hug. He smelled like a mixture of cologne and cigarettes. I wrapped my arms around him, thinking of how the cigarette smell would vanish as time went and he would keep himself clean. He placed a hand underneath my chin, lifting it up so he could meet my eyes. He just looked at me for a few seconds before leaning down.

"No...you just had a cigarette! I don't want to taste it!" I laughed and turned my head to the side. He laughed and shook his head before kissing the top of my head.

"Well then, good thing I'm quitting now, right?"

I haven't been able to sleep for three days straight now...and I'm surprisingly wake enough to do stuff...is this healthy?

Moral of the day; don't smoke kids...even vape, though it might seem cool, it's still damaging your body to a certain extent. It doesn't smell so good either.