LXXXIV - Jisung

Song of the day: 준비 Ready - 2AM

Snow fell, and it was dark all around. The lights of the remaining Christmas decorations enhanced the snow which gracefully soared to the white covers. It was quiet, peaceful. I was currently alone and was headed home after the holidays. Who thought having fun and taking it easy could wear you down so much. I had just stepped off the train and was searching for Jisung. He had told me earlier that he would pick me up, as the train pulled up to the station a bit after he finished work. He was nowhere to be seen. The station was completely empty, so if he happened to be there, it wouldn't be like the search for a needle in a haystack.

"Screw you Jisung-" I let out a sigh and looked down, feeling the cold snow land on the back of my neck. I had stuffed my scarf into my backpack as I hurried off the train. It wasn't a common stop, so the pause at the station wasn't more than a couple minutes. I had rushed out of the train to not miss my stop. I didn't bother to wait any longer, as I was freezing. I pulled my suitcase over the uneven platform. There was a ceiling, but the snow found its way onto the platform anyway.

"Y/N! Did you have a nice trip?" Jisung voice echoed, like he had found me just like he was supposed to. I was still somehow annoyed. I was tired and easily irritated, Jisung could see it. He took the suitcase out of my hand and pulled it instead. His eyebrows were stitched together, wrinkles forming in between them. I grabbed onto the straps of my backpack and sighed. "Are you ok? Was the trip that bad?" He asked and turned his eyes to the street ahead.

"I'm just tired. I'm hungry and I- I don't know. It's not my day today." I said, honestly. There was nothing bad with the trip, as everything went smoothly and it was somewhat empty. Jisung's brows parted again and he relaxed a bit. He smiled and grabbed my cold hand.

"I know what you need." He didn't say anything more, and didn't seem to care about the questions I had to ask him. He walked to the dorms, and messaged Chan to come down. And soon enough, Chan came down in the elevator, smiling as he saw me. He gave me a quick hug and grabbed the luggage, leaving with it. He proceeded to smile proudly and almost ran into the city, holding my hand tightly. I couldn't help but smile. The snow fell down in the dark, appearing in the streetlights, like they were made just for this moment. Jisung laughed and tried not to slip on the snow and ice, turning back to make sure I wouldn't fall when he almost did.

"Is this what you had in mind?" I asked and looked up at a sign as he slowed down. It was a small food truck. It was one of my favourites. There were chairs and tables placed around it, with umbrellas over them to shield off the snow and possible rain. Jisung nodded quickly and walked up to the owner, ordering food for the two of us. I walked over to the table and sat down, waiting for him to finish the order. I looked around, it was by a bridge and a large river. The moonlight reflected onto the water, making it look like a million stars had drowned.

"The food will come soon!" I quickly turned around and smiled at Jisung as he sat down, placing our drinks down as well. He had gotten hot cocoa for the both of us. I just smiled and admired him for a moment, His gummy smile and fiddling hands. His hair was messy and fluffy.

"I'll turn this on. Enjoy yourself!" The employee came over to our table and turned on a heat lamp standing beside us. I could immediately feel the warmth come towards us. He smiled and bowed slightly before walking back to the cart.

"Thank you Jisung, I really needed it." I looked around at the place and to my left to look at the lights from the other side of the river. He couldn't have chosen a better place.

"Don't think about it, now eat!" He averted my attention to the employee walking over with a tray filled with plates of food. I laughed at Jisung's excitement as the food was placed on the table. He was smiling and clapping his hands like a little child.

"You're so childish, but I love it."

Our coach was so determined to have practices, so she booked the arena in a nearby school -_- like, she could've waited two months for the big arena to finish their renovation or whatever you call it, and just let us work out in the gym. We have a gym-membership for a reason-