𝚋𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚎𝚢𝚎𝚜

✩ Philip Ojomo "The Wraith" ✘ Reader ✩

❝I love his dear eyes in which the vulnerability and beauty of his soul read. ❞

Edited on 3/27/2022

Call it an urban legend. A legend of a man with stark white eyes, where it is said that he haunts the lands he's on. And in less than a blink of an eye, he and his bright eyes can disappear. But how real are urban legends?

Ace, the man behind the screen. He scoured the internet and searched articles, posts, and websites dedicated to abandoned asylums and murder mysteries. Ace was the catalyst for your group's adventures. He was the reason for researching and investigating places where these stories occur.

Dwight, the leader. Well, at least he wanted to be the leader. He tried. Ace, by all means, took that role, but Ace didn't have the speeches or the looks. Dwight had those but lacked the courage. He constantly had to prove himself by going on adventures. If he didn't, then Ace would make sure it was known that Dwight was too 'chicken shit' to go.

Claudette, the healer. Out of everyone, she had to be the smartest. That's probably why she never wanted to come with your group. She raved about how dangerous it was, but she always came with at the end of the day. That was mainly because she was the only one who could help if someone got hurt. But no one ever did.

And then there was you—the wildcard. No one knew your true intentions, and you liked it that way. Not that you didn't care for your friend group, you did, but you didn't want them too close that they knew everything about you. Intimacy scared you, yet you still surrounded yourself with people. It was an odd problem.

Despite your hesitancy to close connections, Ace suggested a new adventure to go on. And the conversation that ensued was you and Dwight convincing Claudette to come, even though we already know the outcome. Ace never told you all of the details of the mission. Even on the car ride there, he was always quiet and composed. The thing about this trip was, it wasn't as planned as the usual ones. Usually, you went during the day, but the night didn't scare you. The night never did in the first place; it was fun to be hidden and only seen in the moonlight. What frightened you were the soil you stepped on when you left the comfort of Ace's car. Your group made their way to the broken fences. Each step you took made your stomach queasy.

The feeling confused you, for you've never had these trips fill you with nervousness. Yet, you pursued onwards. A light fog fell on your feet as you made your way towards a wall of beaten-up cars. Some of the vehicles had a crusted brown substance dripping from the trunk. Your brows furrowed as you continued to walk along the car wall. Your footsteps mixed with the eeriness of the land. But soon, the sound doubled. You turned around as a hand found your shoulder. The touch made you jump, and a hearty laugh fell from the familiar person.

"Hey." Ace's sunglasses glinted off the sickly green light that flickered in the distance. And his voice was smooth, yet the tone was that of when he gambled. He liked to sweet-talk his way through any situation. His hand slid across your back, rubbing circles on the base of your neck.

"So, have you got your eye on anyone." Your eyebrows raised, and your upper lip twitched as you looked at Ace. The feeling of disgust overpowered your previous fear as you shook his grip off of you.

"What? Are you kidding me?" The personal inquiry made you uncomfortable, so you tried your best to walk towards the aged Gas Heaven sign. You just wanted some privacy for once. But Ace caught back up to you so much that he stood before you and placed his hands on your shoulders.

"Aw, come on, tell me who you fancy, pretty one." You took a step backward. His hands fell from your frame as you looked at him with shock.

"In all honesty, Ace, it is none of your fucking business, and if you think acting like this makes me attracted to you, you are extremely mistaken. So can you leave me the hell alone?" The more you spoke, the more his face fell with what you assumed was disappointment. At the moment, though, you didn't care. This technically wasn't out of character for Ace, but you snapped with the consistent prodding that just commenced. You were frustrated, but how could you not be. The type of frustration left you wanting to take your anger out on something.