Shy

✩ Susie "The Legion" ✘ Male!Reader ✩

❝It's like I want you to look at me. But I turn my head every time you do.❞

This chapter was requested by GrandMasterAnaris

When you first met Susie she was wearing a ceramic mask, a dark blue hoodie that seemed to have strips of purple running through, a plaid skirt with the colors of red and maroon crisscrossing, torn and worn down black leggings, red converse that went up past her ankles, and army green colored fingerless gloves. Her recently pink dyed hair poked through the sides of her hood. She wouldn't look in your eyes, and you immediately thought she was cute because of her shyness. She had accidentally fallen on top of you, the concrete was covered in ice, and both of you weren't paying attention to what was in front of you.

You had helped her up and began to explain your side of what happened. "I'm so sorry! Are you all alright? I wasn't looking where I was going, and if I were this wouldn't have happened."

She let out a barely audible giggle, "It's fine, I'm fine... I'm sorry for falling... On you... Maybe we should both start paying attention..." Her last sentence made you laugh; her head perked up when she heard the sound. Making her previous giggles made a return, but louder and more clearly. Your mind screamed for you to hang out with her more, but you just stood there and smiled in awe at the noises coming from her.

She stopped short and seemed to shrink back in her clothes. You gave her a confused glance, before realizing that she didn't like others staring at her for too long. You tore your gaze off of her; the tension surrounding the area seemed to become more lost. She gently grabbed your arm, pausing as she felt your muscle tense under the somewhat thin long sleeve shirt. "...uh... Here let me, um... Buy you whatever you needed in there..." She pointed to the convenience store you were previously walking to, the both of you entered and walked around talking to each other.

Eventually, that became your meeting spot, the both of you would hang out around the back of the store and tell stories of the experiences you had. You learned of her friends and her background; she told you everything, even though she feared you would be killed if you knew too much. You told her about your parents, and how you moved away to live on your own, you told her of your old friends and how you separated after the end of high school. You learned of each other's likes and dislikes. Like how she hated her braces because she's had them on for too long and needs them removed. Or how she never liked to hurt anyone but was forced to for a long time.

Eventually, you asked her on a date, she seemed skeptical at first but agreed after the constant asking. She grew nervous in the public eye, not understanding the fancy signs and lights littered throughout the city. You took her to a quaint restaurant, with barely any customers. No one noticed the both of you, and she didn't feel as threatened as before. Before the date ended, you asked a question that made her heart skip at a million miles a minute, "Susie... I know we haven't known each other for long, but I know in my heart that I love you... So, would you be my girlfriend?" She said yes excitedly and was practically bouncing out of her seat at the question, which made you more determined to stay with her.

You took her out on dates and bought her gifts, she always felt terrible about receiving them, but you insisted anyways. You had the bright idea of hiding a ring in her sundae when you were out one day. She had taken a spoonful of the dessert and bit into a metal surface, she spits it out and started to whisper-yell to you about how someone dropped their ring into her ice cream. She didn't realize what was happening until you were down on one knee, asking if she would marry you. The reaction from her was priceless; she couldn't believe you would spend so much money on her for a ring that bonded you together for life. She agreed after crying in the middle of the ice cream shop, with everyone around you clapping in congratulations.

The planning for the wedding was stressful, and so was the honeymoon to Hawaii. Susie wanted to make sure everything was perfect, and you wanted her to be happy. The months of planning and waiting and scheduling left her restless; you often would have to tell her to calm down and take a break. The wedding came, and you cannot unsee how beautiful she looked in her dress, it was like an angel was walking towards you down the aisle. She had dyed her hair a light sky blue, and it stood out amazingly against her white lace. Both of you said your vows and the 'I do's were finalized.

Your honeymoon felt like one out of a movie, the sights amazed both of you, and the people made you feel welcome. The food you ate there was spectacular and was nothing like back home. The weather was weird and uncomfortable at first, but as you spent more time there, the more both of you got used to it. The end of the vacation left Susie sad, and you wish there were more. But both of you were happy to be back at your shared home out in the middle of the snowy woods.

Susie had been egging you on for a while about getting a husky, so when both of you got back, you had a surprise of two puppies. When she found out about the Siberian Huskies, she was overwhelmed with joy. She cried as they licked at her stray tears and nuzzled into her side as comfort. She had given them the names of Butterscotch and Oreo, only because she had been craving the two things since she had gotten back.

Susie's cravings had become more intense over time after your honeymoon. She went to the drugstore in secret to purchase a pregnancy test. When she arrived back home, she immediately went to the bathroom, when she finished her business she waited before turning it over only to see the definite markings written in red. She started to cry tears of joy, sadness, fear, and excitement. You had heard her cries from beyond the wooden door, so you had asked what was wrong. She opened the door to reveal the white stick in her hand; tears pricked at her eyes as you pulled her close to your chest. The news bonded both of you further, and you never realized you had been waiting for this day until the shy girl came into your life.

~~~~
Picture credits to thatdapperbastard on Tumblr