Coulrophobia

✩ Kenneth "Jeffrey Hawk" Chase "The Clown" ✘ Fem!Reader ✩

❝Entertain a clown, and you become apart of the circus.❞

Coul•ro•pho•bi•a
/ˌkōlrəˈfōbēə,ˌkälrəˈfōbēə/
noun
extreme or irrational fear of clowns.

You've despised clowns since you were a child. Your mom thought it would be a good idea to invite a clown to your sixth birthday party. The party ended before it even started; you took one glance at the man in the suit and started to freak out. You eventually had to run to your bedroom, where you cried until the next morning. But that was years ago, you had grown up, and you hoped that the fear had gone down since the old days.

You decided to take a walk in the woods, you didn't know why you had the urge, but you chose to not go against it. As you walked, the air became hard to breathe, and there was a pink mist littered throughout that you were breathing in. It made your eyes flicker with uncertainty as your vision wavered from one point to another. You eventually ended up tripping over a fallen tree branch, and you held your body in a way to comfort away from the pain.

"Now, are you alright? You took a big ol' fall there, even managed to rip a hole into your burgundy jeans. Take my hand, Darling; we'll get you all patched up." You grabbed the side of what you think is a man; you saw flashes of red and became confused. Sighing, you tripped as you walked, finally coming upstairs and sitting down on a wooden surface.

"I'm going to sew up this hole of yours, so stay still darling." You nodded your head in an attempt to say you understood, giving up, you decided to focus on your breathing. You slowly grew tired of speaking in and out in your head that you stopped altogether.

"All done, doll." You closed your eyes and looked up to see a clown in front of you. You held your breath, tears slowly forming in your eyes as he tilted his head in confusion. Tears streamed down your face as you began to breath heavy. His eyes went wide as he realized what was happening; he took your hand as you flinched away.

"I'm not gonna hurt you, girlie. I have better things to do than torment, you darling." You nodded your head and took deep breaths, trying to calm yourself down as you were in the presence of this man. You calmed down slowly, accepting the fate that you still had your dear old phobia. But as you continued to stay with the man, you started to feel less nervous. Maybe it was helping your coulrophobia.

~~~~

Picture credits to doctormori on Tumblr