Joey's Mixtape

✩ Joey "The Legion" ✘ Fem!Reader ✩

❝Whatever happens. Happens. Don't stress.❞

This chapter/part was requested by M3N741Y-M3741-074KU and anyone else who wanted a continuation.

This is a second part, if you haven't read the first one or forgot what happened in the last part I suggest you go back an read/reread it

Writing this chapter while sick is probably not the greatest idea, but I have a feeling that I'm gonna be like this for a while (UPDATE: I'm feeling better *whispers* that's probably why this chapter got done.). I'm also forcing myself to go to school like this, yeah my S/O doesn't really like that, oh whale. I re-wrote this probably three times cause I didn't like how it turned out, so give me a little confidence before I yeetus this fetus. If you like chocolate I'm sorry, just pretend it's something you don't like. Also if this is short/bad blame my allergies that turned into a cold and the absurd amount of tests I am having. I'm still on break but wanted to get this out for you guys because you guys are the best readers I could ask for!

You feel asleep as the music flowed through the air and into your ears. Footsteps sounded rhythmically against the beat making your head pound less. The faint sound of bottles hitting against each other just furthered your cause to fall into a slumber. Joey turned the corner around your kitchen, he saw your sleeping figure on the many pillows and under the over-represented mass of blankets and smiled to himself. He was going to ask you about going to the store but forgot he told you to rest, so now he sat in the extra chair you had and took his phone out to text Susie.

Joey ended up leaving your house and meeting up with the shy girl he barely conversed with. Susie stood up against the back side of the local gas station with Joey's wallet in her hand. He greeted her with a satisfied smirk, his hand made its way to the wallet before opening it up and counting the money that laid out in the elongated pocket. "Thanks, Susie, you can go back to the hideout now." The shorter girl rolled her eyes and pushed herself off the wall, her colorful hair fluttering against the wind that pushed at her face. She turned back to look at the man that stood with a dreamy look on his face. "Hey lovebird, get me some chocolates while you're at it. I'll pay you back for the trouble."

Joeys head snapped towards Susie, a growl made its way up to his throat as she walked away with her head down. He disregarded the incident and entered the small brick building, he ended up exiting the establishment with a case of craft beers and a yellow plastic bag full of chocolate and other sweet treats. He made his way behind the store and started to walk back to your lonely house in the dark mountains.

When Joey arrived at your house you were sound asleep. The living room was filled with a repeating track of faint scratching and muffled words. He quickly found your refrigerator and sat the case full onto the reinforced glass panes before shutting the charcoal door closed that shut off the sickly colored light. He had placed the fragile plastic bag on your cluttered counter, then he had found a place in one of your many chairs and waited for you to awake. Joey fiddled with his cracked phone, messaging the shy girl from before and telling her about the amount of money she owed him. He froze when your mummers overtook the deafening music, turning his head he glanced at the frown on your face quickly realizing that the sound upset you. So, he got up from his spot and pressed a few buttons to where the mixtape popped out of the machine with a rolling sigh.

Your frown disappeared and turned into a comforting grin, making Joey take a deep sigh of relief. He sat back down in his chair and started to play whatever game he clicked on first. "You're too sweet... Joey..." He smiled acknowledging the fact that you were dreaming about him, it also made his heart flutter but he didn't pay attention to those futile emotions.  The act went on for what seemed to be hours until you stretch your arms above your head with your mouth opened wide. Your eyes glanced across the room you were in stopping on a familiar man sitting down. "Joey... What are you doing here? I thought you were going to leave..."

The male chuckled and placed his phone down on your wooden table before turning to face you, "Well, I noticed you drank all of the booze, so I went to the convenience store and got a case for you." Your eyes became wide as you sat up from your original spot, you flung the covers you were wearing off and made your way to the kitchen. You searched for your wallet and noticed a flimsy plastic bag on the counter, being a tad nosey you went through the contents of the bag. Your face scrunched in disgust as you picked up the bars of Hershey's chocolate, sneering you placed them back down before picking up your wallet. Pulling out a twenty you place it on the space in front of Joey making him look up at you confused, "Uh, you don't need to do that... I don't mind paying for it since I'm probably going to 'steal' it anyways..."

"No, it's fine. Take it, also why did you get chocolate? It's disgusting..." Joey frowned at your comment and huffed as he excepted the cash you persisted to give him. You grinned as your stubbornness worn down after he placed the clean bill with the noticeably soiled ones. "The chocolate is for a friend, she brought me my money then proceeded to order me around like a lap dog. But, I also got some other goodies as well, if you want one of the others you can have it." Your insides seemed to drop at his words. 'She', was 'she' just a friend or someone more. You acted like the words didn't affect you, but you were terrible at hiding the emotions that shone on your face.

"Are... You alright? You look sad... And kinda mad... Did I say something?" Your face immediately went to the ceiling, you were getting overwhelmed with so many feelings bombarding you that your throat had razor blades cutting each time you took a shaky breath. "I'm fine," You choked out the words with a tear rolling down your face making Joey gasp. You felt his arms wrap around your body, comfort filling your system letting the sobs rack your body.

"Hey... Listen... If you think she's more than just a friend that isn't true... I've known her for years and I'm pretty sure she's more attracted to Jules than me... And I like someone else, but I've been pushing the feelings out too much to realize..." You started to cry more after hearing his words. He still liked someone, but it probably wasn't you, it couldn't be you.

"I mean she has beautiful E/C orbs that sparkle when she's excited, and she is the most caring person I have ever met, and she has H/L H/C hair that does whatever it wants but she doesn't care cause she knows it falls the way she wants, and I haven't known her for long but I can already imagine my days with her in my life." Another tear rolled down your cheek and into his pullover. Whoever she was sounds amazing, the features he's describing sort of sound like yours, but you knew it was all in your dreams.

"And her name is Y/N..." Your eyes lit up as they watered. You couldn't believe what he said. You were his mystery girl that he had an infinity for? "And I hope she feels the same, cause I want her to stop crying..." Joey let out a chuckle as you shook your head wildly making a few droplets sling away from your face.

"Of course... I feel the same, sorry... For all the tears, I was just a tiny bit jealous..." He smiled and wiped away what he could. Your heart fluttered as the hug became one of a couple who met because of a small tape on the snowy ground.

~~~~

Photo credits to askjoey on tumblr