Cold

Sᴜsɪᴇ "𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔏𝔢𝔤𝔦𝔬𝔫" x Jᴜʟɪᴇ "𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔏𝔢𝔤𝔦𝔬𝔫"

"𝙲𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚊𝚜 𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚝𝚜."

This chapter/part was requested by anyone who wanted it.

This is a second part, if you haven't read the first one or forgot what happened in the last part I suggest you go back an read/reread it

I was sitting on my bed listening to the music Julie gave me on the tape she made, I had to admit it wasn't my type, but it did have an excellent beat so I couldn't complain much. I looked in my mirror; the pink I had before had turned a disgusting orange making me cringe as I felt an incredible amount of dead ends. Maybe it's time for a tiny makeover.

I got up and scrambled through my drawers, I found my bleach bottle and smiled, but it was short-lived. I had forgotten that I used it all previously; I sighed and looked over at what I called a purse. It was a small black cloth pull string like a bag that kept my essentials in it like money, chapstick, a few offerings, some add-ons, my ruler, hair ties, and other things that are buried beneath. I grabbed it and made my way into the 'living room.' As I looked around, I realized that everyone was either in a trial or still sleeping, a sigh escaped my lips as I made my way out of our hideout and into the snow-filled forest around us.

As I walked, the cold air around me pinpricked my skin that wasn't covered by my clothes. My feet crunched against the thick snow that was over the path that was made to the town. After a few minutes passed, I was on a sidewalk beside a busy street. Cars were passing by me hypnotically, causing them to blur against my vision. I shake my head and look away, not wanting to be captivated by the vehicles just a few feet away.

I finally arrive at a medium-sized store; the number of people around me became daunting as some of them gave me judgmental stares. I took a deep breath and tried my best to ignore the people that surrounded me. Walking down the many isles, I found the hair products, eyeing the toned blue dye I hastily grabbed it off the shelf and made my way to the checkout. That was before I saw a lady standing in front of the cigarette counter. I walked in front of her and got Julies favorite brand while she scanned the hair dye, the total came out to a number with double digits, and I gave away the rounded amount. The cashier put what I bought in a brown paper bag and handed it to me with a wink, my face scrunched in disgust as I turned and walked away quickly.

Time passed, and I arrived back at the Legion hideout. I saw Jules walking the catwalk with a long face; I quietly followed her, making sure that she didn't see me. My girlfriend turned the corner into her room; I smiled, realizing I could scare her. I tiptoed my way to her doorframe, peering around to see her taking her hoodie off. A blush found its way to my face as I crumbled down to the ground; the image of her pale skin burned itself in my mind.

"Susie, I know you're there. Come on in." My face burned as I arose and made my way into her room. She was picking through the small number of shirts she possessed, making the red on my cheeks match the color of the bra she was wearing. Julie huffed and turned around, smirking when she saw the tint against my rather pale skin. She slowly walked over to me, her hand resting on my face as her face closed in on mine.

"What's in the bag, princess?" My heart melted at her words, that nickname never ceases to keep the butterflies away. I looked down at the bag in my hand and pulled out the only two items in there. Julies' eyes lit up at her surprise, but they also blinked in confusion at the dye. "Are you dying your hair again?"

"Yeah, the pink is getting a bit too orange for me. What do you think?" Jules grinned softly, planting a kiss on my forehead. She wrapped her arms around me, pressing her semi bare skin against my warm hoodie.

"Whatever color you decide to dye your hair, I think you will look beautiful no matter what." Her head was in the crook of my neck, and her words tickled my ear. My heart bust with extreme amounts of happiness, I don't know if I've ever been happier with Julie.

As a goodbye, she pressed her soft lips against my somewhat cracked ones. I smiled into the kiss before pulling away. "Do you have a trial later?"

Julie's face hardened, "I have one in a minute; that's why I was changing." I frowned at her words and took a hold of her hands, they were freezing cold. I squeezed them before letting go and waving.

"When you get back, come by, and my hair might be different." Jules's eyes radiated love as they followed me out of her room. I found my place and plopped the bag down, fishing out the box of hair dye and opening it rapidly. I put the black latex gloves on; then, I mixed some of the solutions to make a medium blue that shimmers against the pearly white snow. Slowly I started to paint the goopy mixture on my slightly orange-tinted hair. The blue dye was cold against my scalp, making me shiver with the first few strokes, but when the color covered every last strand of hair I have, I smiled. I looked in the mirror and rolled my eyes; I looked so fucking stupid. I grabbed one of my spare bright shower caps and put it over the job it had just completed.

After a while of waiting I heard a knocking at my door frame, I looked over and saw Julie. My face exploded with happiness as I got up and hugged her. She chuckled and rubbed circles into my back, making me melt into her touch. I looked up at her and kissed her cheek, "Here lemme go wash my hair in the shower, and then we can see how it'll turn out!"

Julie grinned and watched me make my way into the bathroom before shutting the creaking door. With the door closed, I turned the lukewarm water on and started to take off my clothes. I took the plastic off of my head and stepped into the porcelain tub. I grabbed the shampoo and put some in my hand before messaging it into my freshly dyed hair. The blue dye trickled down my fair skin and swirled down the metal drain. As the bubbles disappeared from my once soapy locks, I ran conditioner through making my thin hair soft to the touch. It was somewhat therapeutic, the water hitting my back, leaving its feel against my cold skin, it's like a personal rain cloud.

Finally, I got out of the shower; my feet touched the cool ceramic making me shiver. I sighed and went to the mini closet; there were five shelves, each with our towels and pajamas with an extra for storage. I pulled out a big light pink sheet and strung it around my body, wiping my hands and arms so I could grab my clothes. Placing the pajamas on the counter, I dried the rest of my body off and dropped the towel to the floor. I put the laid out clothing on and put my damp hair into a black cloth before opening the door to reveal my beautiful girlfriend.

She sat there looking at her phone, her thumb scrolling against the screen in a timely order. Julie looked up and smiled when she saw me; she got up and hugged my small frame. Cigarette smoke filled my nose, making me realize that she took advantage of her present. I went to my room and grabbed the blow dryer out of one of my drawers next to my bed. I started to plug it up when Julie took it from my hand, "I'll do it for you, princess." I nodded and sat down, facing away from her before taking the towel off of my head. For the next few minutes, while the love of my life ran her fingers through my head, I thought about how I warmed her stone-cold heart.

~~~~

Photo credits to ebonymorii on tumblr