Her

✩ Frank Morrison "The Legion" ✘ Fem!Reader ✩

❝A friend to you is all I will ever be, but I'll always secretly wish the way you want her would be the way you want me.❞

"So... You choose her... After all this time... After everything we've been through, you choose her... Nice going, asshole!" The tears streaming down your face made Frank guilty enough, but your little speech made him feel worse. You, him, and Jules ended up in a love triangle. Being her best friend, Susie supported Julie, but knowing you longer, Joey encouraged your side. Frank was at a crossroads and chose the second option, leaving you heartbroken and her skyrocketing with love.

The way you found out was a bragging Julie, coming at you with poison in her words and a slash to your arm. Joey patched you up as you ranted about how it should have been you, he just shook his head and let you tell him what all happened. It shocked you when Susie even came up to you and said sorry, "I'm not sure what happened to her, but she's become very power-hungry because of all of this. And now that she won, she's not going to give it up. She's very controlling of our relationship, and maybe I should have encouraged you. I'm sorry, Y/N" She stuttered over and over again, her anxiety getting the best of her. You hugged her as she started to cry, Joey joining in when he heard the loud sobs.

When the three of you released, Susie looked at him shocked; she asked a simple way, and he sighed, frowning in defeat. "I know I never do anything to help you when they get mad and throw a fit at you, but hearing my friends crying makes my heartbreak." She smiled at him, tears still running down her face as he wiped him away. Your heart swelled for them, but you always felt broken from earlier. You decided to confront Frank, and that lands us here.

"I'm sorry, okay... I loved you first, but she came along and... We talked and talked, everything seemed so nice between us... And then I would see you and remember all the shit we went through... But, it's my life, and I should be able to do what I want without your nagging! I... I'm sorry... It just came out... I didn't mean it... I know you were trying to help me..." The tears came down faster and faster; you crossed your arms and turned away from him. If you looked at him any longer, you might forgive him for what he did, deep down, you know you should, but at the moment, pettiness was going to be the way. Puddles grew bigger the longer you stood there; you pointed your head to the sky, trying to stay active.

"Yeah... Sweetheart... I'm going to ask you to step away from MY boyfriend... Thank you..." You heard Julies' voice from behind you, and it made you break even more. You stood there for maybe a beat too long, and you listened to her growl. "Hey, skank! I told you to get the fuck away from us! Now leave bitch, you didn't win him I did!" You wiped away everything dripping from your face and smirked; you turned around to face her. Her eyes widened at your state, but she quickly covered it up with victorious laughter. You took a step backward and looked Frank in the eyes.

"She's just going to use you... I overheard her talking to Susie; I think the phrase I heard her say was, 'Once I have Frank, I'll be the queen of the Legion... We will rule together, and I'll somehow convince him to kick Y/N out... I might have to seduce him into that, but it will happen eventually... And after that I'll overpower him and kill him...' I was going to tell you, but her punk ass had to come in here and push me over the edge... She hit Susie and made her cry; she came running to me with tears pouring down her face... Joey is with her right now; I think they are getting along quite nicely... The longer you guys are together, the faster we fall apart as a group... Just a little warning..." With that speech out of the way, you took your leave. You heard a scream of anger come from Julie, but you kept on walking. Suddenly, searing pain ripped through your back; you screamed as the cut became more in-depth and more extended. You could feel your shirt absorbing some of the blood, but most of it was dripping down in significant amounts.

Your vision started to darken as you fell to the floor, you could faintly hear Frank's voice, but you couldn't understand his screams. You heard multiple pairs of footsteps coming closer to you. Joey's voice was booming in your right ear; you couldn't make out any words, but his tone was anxious. Susie's voice was loud in your left ear; you could hear her sobs; it made you want to hug her. You felt your body being picked up, but by the time you were put down, everything faded to black. Your last thought was at least you protected him from her; that's all you wanted to do.

When you woke up, you recognized the walls to your room, you went to sit up but screamed when it felt like a bullet plunged into your back. "Y/N! Lay back down; you aren't better yet..." You took the words of advice and went back down on the bed; you turned your head to see Joey with a concerned look on his face. You rubbed your eyes with the back of your hand; confusion swarming your mind. You coughed and asked your friend for a glass of water, he immediately got up and walked out of the room. You heard voices in the hallway outside, but your head started to hurt, so you didn't pay much attention.

"Frank! What are you... What are you doing here?" He sat on the edge of your hand, taking hold of your hand. He rubbed your knuckles and squeezed it tight. Joey came back in with a glass of water and Susie by his side. She rushed by your side and gave you a gentle hug, you smiled and wiped away the tears that were already streaming down. You drank the water Joey got and laughed a bit at their concern. "She's gone... We kicked her out... She hurt you twice, hurt Susie five times, tried to punch Joey, and tried to slice my throat..."

You tried to hide your smile, but couldn't help it. When Joey noticed the grin, he just shook his head. When Susie saw the smirk, she giggled at you and then turned to Joey holding his hand. When Frank noticed the simpler, he looked you in your eyes and squeezed your hand again. "Well now that Jules is gone... Y/N, do you want to go out with me?" Your eyes lit up as you heard the question, you gasped as you replied yes over and over again. It all started because of her, but it ended with you.

~~~~

Photo credits to cat-of-lies on Tumblr