Warmth

✩ Joey "The Legion" ✘ Fem!Reader ✩

❝ I love the warmth of your body as you pull me into a hug.❞

This chapter/part was requested by whoever wanted a continuation.

This is a second part; if you haven't read the first one or forgot what happened in the last section I suggest you go back and read/reread it

Howdy gamers, how's it going, my dudes. I'm on fall break, and I'm on vacation, so hopefully, more chapters will come out but idk for sure. The sequels that have been planned before my break will most likely be a bit lackluster, only because I'm more excited for your requests! Like hot damB didn't think I was going to get that many, and if you want to request anything, I'm still open for them, so do it while you can.

Months had passed since your bump in with Joey at the convenience store. Since then, the two of you began a relationship and even had the shared first kiss in it. He provided warmth to your forever ice-chilled veins, while you cooled down his sauna-like body. It was like you needed each other to survive, or else you could not feel like everyone around you.

When Joey introduced you to his friends, it was a unique experience. When he leads you into the woods by the trail that was dug by footprints, you knew something wasn't right, then the old worn down building with gaping holes exposed letting snow pile in also gave off a bad vibe. The thought of this being your deathbed crossed your mind the right amount of times, that was until you heard bickering coming from inside the not so abandoned place. It sounded like adult-like children were fighting inside, making you snort with laughter. Joey smiled at you, his hand squeezing you to were it was removed. "Aye, you guys! I'm back, and I brought someone."

Three different heads turned to look at you, being the center of attention made you yelp and hide behind Joey's somewhat larger figure. He chuckled as he admired your skittish behavior; his smile only grew as you poked your head out past his waist. Joey turned around and grabbed your hand, pulling you out from behind as a girl with dyed pink hair approached you.

"I'm Susie, what's your name?" Her hand reached out for you to grab, which you grabbed after a comforting squeeze from the man you loved beside you. Before you were able to speak, you were cut off by the girl in front of you. "Geez, you're hands are freezing! And that's saying something for being in the mountains with snow all around you. You're like the opposite of Joey! Wait... Are you the girl Joey's been bragging about? Oh, what did he say your name is?"

You smiled shyly, "Y/N?" Susie's face lit up when you spoke, her head bobbing up and down as she smiled at you her blue braces illuminating against the snowy background.

"Well, these two behind me are on and off again all the time, the dude is Frank, and the girl over there is my best friend, Julie. Frank's the leader of- the wait has you told her Joey?" His eyes became wide as he looked at you in fear. He didn't want to tell you what his 'job' was because it had to do with murdering people for their belongings and then going to a different realm to kill survivors in a silly little game.

You seemed so fragile to him; ice was so easy to break, whereas fire was difficult to tame. He wanted to protect your innocence from his secret activities, like his climbing death toll. Joey finally shook his head and looked at you, sadness peering through his orbs as he remembered the first rule they established. Nobody must know.

He told his friends that he was going to take you out on a walk; you were confused as to what was going on. That was until you passed by many piles of rubble to a lake that had frozen over. The two of you walked on the wooden dock; it's age shining through with the creaks coming from it. The snow that was once on it slipped through the crevasses as you got to the end, eventually sitting down on edge.

"I'm sorry, I haven't told you yet. I didn't want to lose you." You cocked your head to the side, a questionable look on your face as he frowned. "I've done some... bad things in my life and, um, since I've met you, I don't have a craving to do it anymore."

You grabbed his hand, trying your best to comfort him, "We've all done bad things. We are human." Your voice was soft; you could feel the pain sleeping through him, the more the conversation went on. "What was Susie talking about earlier?"

He seemed so uncomfortable as he let out a deep breath. "Y/N, before I tell you, I have to know. Do you want a life where you have to look over your shoulder constantly? Do you want to be possibly threatened with your life? Would you want obscure things happening around you at all times? Cause, if you don't think you can handle that for the rest of the days you're alive, then you might as well leave. It would be better for both of us." My heart pounded against my ribs; my throat felt like it was constricting itself. Was he proposing to break up?

"Joey... I would do anything, sacrifice everything to be with you. I know you want the best for me, but I don't want my best I want you. I know you would protect me no matter what, I don't mind anything bad happening as long as I have you by my side." At this point, tears had already started to fall down your face. You tried not to sob as you took deep breaths in between every word.

He sighed and turned to look at you, his hand gripped yours as he moved upward to wipe away any tears. "I don't know how to put it nicely." You tried to smile at him, but it ended up being a half-assed outstretch of your lips quivering.

"Then don't." You hiccuped as he looked at your lap, Joey was trying to put his words together, but he couldn't see a happy ending where both of you would be together. You leaving him kept sticking in his mind making it impossible to let you go, he even thought of you as his soulmate, and he didn't also believe in that stuff before.

"I-um, I-... people, for a-... being in a different-... and uh also-... from people here." You blinked slowly as a stray tear fell, you couldn't understand essential bits in what he said, and he could tell by your face that you didn't get what he was saying.

You let him take his time, squeezing his hand in comfort as he searched the ground for help. After a few minutes, you could see that he became restless under your gaze. He looked over at you and pulled you close; his arms found their way around your waist and his head in the crook of your neck.

"I'm sorry that you have to deal with me. And even more that I kill people in a different realm for a supernatural type being that's named the Entity, and I steal from people here so all of here can survive, but sometimes we get enough money to purchase things, and you caught me one day when I was shopping and you were so sweet and it was so new to me and I don't want to lose you." Joey's voice was soft, but it had some edge to it. You pulled away from the hug a little bit, and you looked at his face, disappointment was evident as he looked away from your E/C orbs.

"Hey... It's ok... I don't want to lose you either, but I'm glad you told me. I'm a bit confused and freaked out but, it will be fine. We will get through this together, okay?" You didn't want to make him panic anymore, but you were getting uncomfortable in the situation you were in. Joey looked into your eyes while grabbing your face gently; your lips touched his letting fire prick at your mouth. Now that you know what he was hiding, he seemed dangerous but at the same time, extremely compassionate, which made your love for him skyrocket. You slowly crept onto his lap, hooking your arms around his waist to kiss him more profound than before. He moved his head down to your neck, placing hot pecks as he trailed your collarbone. Let's say that you didn't end up meeting his friends again for that day because his warmth was too good to leave.

~~~~

Photo credits to notbakaspy on Tumblr