𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚎

✩ Max Thompson Jr. "The Hillbilly" ✘ Reader ✩

❝ Love is nothing but giving, tolerating, and sacrificing. ❞

EDITED ON 4/11/2022

You wanted to give Max the world when you first heard of his past. So you tried to change how he perceived the word 'love' and comforted him, knowing he's always got someone who wants and accepts him, unlike his parents. So the two of you met before the Entity came into play, before the trials, the constant killing, and the other dimensions.

But sometimes, your love is tested. Max sometimes had emotional outbursts resulting in both sides of the party feeling guilty. He would go off at you but regret it later. Although sometimes you'd blame yourself, other times you'd blame him, you'd both calm down and apologize. Because at the end of the day, even if there were hard days, the two of you wouldn't throw your love for each other away from that easily.

And sometimes, your friends would want to visit you, but you never told them who you were dating. Sothey didn't know that Max would answer when they texted you, asking if they could come over. Instead, he'd be smiling with a devious smile waiting for an easy kill. So, when you got home and went downstairs needing to find some begrimed chains that you got Max for his birthday, you didn't expect to see a couple of your best friends hanging on the meat hooks in the basement. You knew about the hooks, but you didn't care. You knew he'd never use them on you. Butas your friends struggled and screamed in pain as their blood coated thealready rusting metal, you just blinked without concern. You sighed, making your way over to the chest in the corner. You scrounged around, looking through your past belongings until you finally found the gift. You held the chains in one hand before walking over to your friends, grabbing their hands for a moment before leaving them to die. Max was more important, anyway.