𝚜𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚖𝚊𝚗'𝚜 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖𝚜

✩ Frederick "Freddy" Charles Krueger "The Nightmare" ✘ Reader ✩

❝Distance does love what wind does to fire, extinguishes the weak, and fuels the strong.❞

EDITED ON 5/21/22

Your hand tapped rhythmically against your desk as you read the newest story posted about a random person's nightmare. It wasn't uncommon for you to divulge in other people's stories. You liked the imaginative scenarios, and you enjoyed its fictionality. But the user-submitted for this story was very different than what you usually come by. The thread was long and drawn out, but the gist of the tale was there was a man who had burned scars everywhere. He wore a black and red striped sweater and a brown leather fedora. He terrorized the person in the post every night, it wasn't reoccurring, but it was as if the man was altering the nightmare himself. You were incredibly intrigued by the post, so you privately message the person who submitted it.

Hey! I read your story, and I thought it was well written. You explained it like it was real and not just a dream! Incredible!

Please help. It wasn't just a story. He's real, and he's going to kill me.

You frowned at the reply. That wasn't the response you were imagining. You decided to message the person again to question their words, but in the time it took to type up another response, their entire account was deleted, and there was no trace evidence that the person even existed. You were confused, but you remembered enough of the thread to research the tale. As you went through many dodgy websites, you found what the original post described. Freddy Kruger was the name of the dream demon. And from multiple accounts of varying amounts of credibility, you had a good idea of what he looked like and how he acted. For some weird reason, you were slightly attracted to the behavior, maybe it was a giant red flag, but then again, colorblindness is a thing. He was obsessive and cruel, but was obsession such a bad thing when you could be obsessed with your favorite person?

You went to sleep that night with an intangible fantasy to meet the man that began to consume your thoughts. But you woke up every morning with no dreams and no dream demon. Every night you hoped that maybe, at least one night, you'd see Freddy there in all his glory. It got to a point you were fascinated with the possibility of seeing him and impressing him. You studied every physical piece of evidence you gathered to the point you made replicas of his clawed glove, striped sweater, and leather fedora. You began to sleep in your homemade cosplay, wishing for him to appear at the foot of your bed and see the sight of your fanatical worshiping.

And tonight was like most nights. You laid in bed and placed your leathered cap over your face with a smile. You thought about Freddy and everything you knew about him as you drifted off. But, when you awoke, your room was turned into a foggy version of itself. You grinned at the atmosphere. You read about the fog that enveloped your surroundings and twisted your senses, knowing he was here.

"Freddy?" Your excited voice echoed through your room which made you shudder. When you saw him, though, he seemed to phase in and out of your bedroom's doorway, only staying the same when he got closer to the foot of your bed. You gently gnawed at your bottom lip, perfecting the words that inhabited your brain. "Hi, I-"

"What the fuck are you wearing?" Freddy's rough voice cut off your perky one. You frowned for a moment before smiling back at the burnt man. He ran his non-bladed hand down his face as he gawked at the sight of you, it seemed a bit judgmental, but then again, it was exactly what you wanted.

"I wasn't sure if all my research was all for nothing or-"

"You researched me? Crazy bitch." His face turned with disgust as his eyes ran up and down your body repeatedly to ensure what he was seeing was real. But you took his words as a compliment. You embraced them with open arms. So, you picked yourself up off your bed and made your way to Freddy. When he noticed you getting closer, he stepped back. He tried his best to back away from you but failed when you snaked your arms around his waist and forced him into a hug. Freddy groaned. His body was tense, and he had both arms out at a weird angle. He thought about stabbing you in the back, but you squeezed him with so much force that he lost all air he held in his lungs, and you even heard his back pop at multiple points. Freddy's arms became awkwardly limp with how he was held, so he couldn't even if he wanted to hurt you. However, despite Freddy's groveling, you reveled that you were this close to and were able to touch THE Freddy Krueger.

"Let go of me, you fucking gremlin." You did as you were told and allowed Freddy to breathe normally again. You went to grab for his hand but right as you grazed his, he pulled back in disgust.

"Freddy, I'm-"

"I don't fucking care who you are. What the fuck do you want?" You pondered for a moment. What did you want now? You got to see Freddy in person. You even got close enough to touch him. You got to see him. You got to bask in his glory. But, it wasn't enough. You felt a void form. Was this what you wanted in the first place? Of course, it was. You wouldn't have wasted days, weeks, if not months on a murderous man if you didn't want this.

"Ok, I'm done here. I have better things to be doing and better people to torture." Freddy turned around and started towards your hallway. You stayed frozen in place, contemplating your existence until you knew exactly what you wanted. But as you ran out after him, you couldn't see him anymore, and the fogginess started to dissipate. You frowned. Hopefully, the next time you lay to rest, you'll be able to go with Freddy and experience all the horrific things he does. Then, you'll be happy with all the imaginative scenarios you will create in his absence.