Clarity

✩ Susie "The Legion" ✘ Fem!Reader ✩

❝Clarity consumed me the moment I fell in love with her soul.❞

Susie ran outside, away from the hideout she stayed in. She ran and ran with tears streaming down her face; the only thing she could seem to do was cry. She stopped short, falling on her knees in the snow. She flung her mask away and shed her bloodstained jacket. She gagged as she saw her ruler stain the perfect white to a crimson red.

This isn't right... Why... Why me... Why Julie... How is she so okay with all of this... Is Joey pushed into submission by Frank... We shouldn't have listened to Frank... We shouldn't have continued after that poor man... I don't want to do this anymore... Am I the only one who gets these sparks of clarity...

Doubts plagued her mind as the snow drifted around her. When she looked at her hand's guilt flooded through her thoughts. She wiped them against the powder, making it brown and red. She started to shiver at this point, but she could care less about the cold when the invisible blood on her hands was still there.

Maybe I should go back... Julie always calms me down... No! I can't... She doesn't see anything wrong in what she's doing... Maybe someone can see I'm not at fault here... I don't want to rot in jail... Nothing but that... Mom and Dad would find out then... They would be so disappointed...

Susie was so caught up in her thoughts not to realize the crunching of snow coming up behind her. A girl came in front of her, handing her jacket off to the shivering girl. The girl with the braces looking into the stranger's eyes, they were twinkling with worry as they both stood up.

"My names Y/N, I'm not going to ask yours... You seem to be dealing with some demons that are hurting you bad... I know how that feels, so don't worry... Come on; you must be cold, let's go to my house..." Susie decided to follow Y/N; she tried to calm her breathing as they trod towards the stranger's home. When they arrived, the tears had dried, but the guilt hadn't left.

"You don't have to tell me what happened or anything... Call it a gut feeling; I guessed you would be out in the woods... Good thing I got to you before the frostbite did... You hungry?" Susie nodded her head, and Y/N smiled. She disappeared behind a wall leaving the still cold girl alone.

Susie sniffed Y/N's jacket; it had the scent of honey and vanilla. The smell made her relax; for a strange reason, it was comforting to her. She examined the contents around her, a common theme of browns and off-whites was littered throughout. Books were strewn everywhere, along with random Apple products.

Y/N came back with two bowls of mac and cheese; she put them down on the table and went back to her kitchen. She had two glasses of water and set them down too, before going to a side chair and turning on her television.

"You can stay here if you want... Just on house rules, and if you need a job, I got some family that will turn a blind eye... Give it some thought, and get back to me later..." Susie nodded her head while reaching for the bowl of cheesy goodness; she uttered a quiet moan after having ready to eat foods for months.

Susie ended up staying with Y/N, getting a job, and trying her best to forget her old life. The pair started to date, and both cared about each other deeply. She found her clarity after months of tears and anger.

~~~~
Photo credits to minuai on Tumblr