Broken

✩ Adiris "The Plague" ✘ Fem!Reader ✩

❝May your life be a fountain of love and kindness to fill the world with joy.❞

I wanted to do another song lyric chapter... So here that is... Also, I don't know why these chapters have been so depressing, sorrryyyyy... I won't update again until next week, hope you enjoyed the normal stuff and the surprise Plague chapters...

You can pretend you don't miss me

You can pretend you don't care

All you wanna do is kiss me

Oh, what a shame, I'm not there

My back was pressed against the bathroom wall as flashbacks of Adiris plagued my mind once again. No matter what I did, she was always there in the back of my mind. It's been literal years since we have been together, and that was before she got infected. I hope that she's okay. I hope she made it out of that plague-ridden zone. I can still remember the feeling of her lips against mine. She never thought that our being together was all quite right. Maybe that's why 'us' never survived.

What is it you want?

You can lie, but I know that you're not fine

Every time you talk

It's all 'bout me, but you swear I'm not on your mind

"Adiris, are you alright?" Anna sat beside me as I held my head in my hands. I nodded in response to her, even those memories from before stung. Y/N was everywhere, her hair, her smile, her eyes, every part of her. I wish I held on to her, instead of going after a false hope of eventual death. She left before the disease hit the land. I hope that she is still alive; she doesn't deserve to die.

"Do you ever miss anyone from your previous life, I mean?" Anna looked at me with a thoughtful look. A sigh escaped her lips when her face contorted into many mixed emotions.

"Yes, the children. Even though they never survived, they made me happy. Why? You still thinking of that one girl, what was her name, Y/N?" I blushed as I picked up my headpiece, looking at it with uneasiness. Of course, I'm still thinking of Y/N, she was my everything, but I threw that away.

"No, it's not about her. I swear."

Somebody new

Is gonna comfort you like you want me to

Somebody new

Is gonna comfort me like you never do

I walked out of my bathroom and into my living room. Y/F!BFF/N was sitting on a chair reading a book about sicknesses. I pulled up a chair next to her and lay my head onto her shoulder, a tear escaped my eye and fell onto her shirt.

"Adiris?" It was the only word that came out of her mouth, but it tore down the dam walls that had been cracking for a while now. Sobs racked my body as I remembered all the fights me and she had. We never comforted each other, and it showed with the way I grabbed Y/F!BFF/N's shirt in anger.

"Shh, it's okay, Y/N... I'm here, don't worry..." Her words comforted my heart, but not my mind. I still saw Adiris there, in all her beauty, with my hand in hers. Sometimes I wish I wanted someone new.

Every now and then, it hits me

That I'm the one that got away

But I guess being lonely fits me

And you were made for begging, "stay."

"Anna. Sometimes I think that it was me." She looked over at me with pity. Pity was what I looked at Y/N with. And look where that put us. 'Us' was never real. No, I'm the one that walked away, and now I'm alone forever.

"Well, I can't comfort you because I don't know what happened between the both of you." I nodded somewhat expecting that answer. I could hear Y/N's voice in my mind as I looked at the campfire in front of me. 'Stay.'

~~~~

Photo credits to deadbydelight on Tumblr

Lyrics are from the song bitches broken hearts by Billie Eilish