Seeping Hollow

✩ Philip Ojomo "The Wraith" ✘ Fem!Reader ✩

❝It'll leave you feeling hollow and helpless, and there is where you'll stay. Ain't it funny child; love sometimes leaves you as dead as yesterday.❞

A chapter that no-one wanted, but it's here anyway

I looked down at my hand and thought about the real world. A healthy life where I didn't die over and over again and where hooks didn't plunge into my body, leaving any evidence of a scar. I pocketed three leaves that Dwight gave me, and the other three I let drift into the fire beneath my hand. Wind swarmed my body as I transported back to this new realm that I had only just discovered yesterday. As I opened my eyes and looked around, it seemed as if the cankers had spread. I made my way towards the center and waited by a tree, that was until I heard a bell ringing through the silence. My eyes widen as I saw Philip pass me and almost run Dwight over, but he stopped before him. I peered around my tree and saw him pull out the rusted key he took out of his pocket the day before, slowly I realized he had purposely summoned him here.

I couldn't hear what they were saying, but I could tell he was getting irritated. Dwight pushed at the old and worn key, making pieces of metal pop off ever so slowly. Philip reached out for it, in what seemed desperation, and it dawned on me that it was something from his past. He finally eased up on the key and dropped it into Philip's defeated hand, his back was slumped down as he wobbled into the broken brick build. I tiptoed my way over and watched as the small human chained up the beast of a killer. Confusion washed over me as he hung with disgust while Dwight walked over to a metal tray with one of the full vials we collected yesterday. He thumped the outside, making the liquid swirl together in an orange and yellow swirl. Philip looked up momentarily, my E/C eyes locked with his making me gasp.

He opened his mouth but shut it quickly when Dwight came closer to him with what looked to be an injection, but it didn't look like it would be removed right after. I held my hand over my mouth as I watch him stick it into Philip's back. He screamed out in pain as whatever was in the vial flowed throughout his already mangled system. It spewed from his back and down his arms; it forced limbs to grow out of his face and the wooden parts of his neck; it even burned a hole in his chest where the liquid oozed out of, forcing its forever lit on him. I closed my eyes and fell back into the wall I was looking around, sinking to the floor. I felt like I could have done more. I don't want anyone going through pain to get out of here.

I heard footsteps come near my sunken body; I tried to will myself upward but failed and sunk back to the grassy floor. I felt someone sit down beside me and looked up, realizing it was Dwight who looked exhausted. He put his shaky hand on me and sighed, "I'm sorry, Y/N. He will be stronger in a bit, so we need to leave. Once we do, he'll go back to the killer campground and start the blight; then we can escape. Did you keep some of those leaves, cause, um, here's some more just in case you forget." My leafs tallied back up to six, and I had guilt flowing throughout my body. I sighed and sat for a little longer; Dwight noticed and decided to leave me alone. As I watched him walk to the exit gate, I stood up and rounded the corner where Philip was breathing heavily.

I slowly walked closer; his body was even more distorted than usual, making me gag. "I'm sorry, Philip. I wish I could do something." He looked up at me surprised, his mouth dripping with bright orange.

"Don't worry... Um, I can't remember your name... But, uh, when the purge begins, they won't succeed... It's happened before, and uh it'll happen again probably..., um, try and find out who's behind this, because everyone wants to get out." I nodded my head and tried to go in for a hug, but then seen the orange that covered his upper torso along with the massive hole in his chest. My arms dropped to my side as I took a deep breath; tears pricked my eyes as I struggled to walk away. Philip's puffs became heavier as growls sounded from him, making it clear that he was getting furious quickly. My feet picked up their pace as I reached the open exit gate, Dwight laid against the bricking waiting for me trying his best not to chew on his fingernails.

"We don't have much time; we'll need to get out of here before something bad happens." He walked closer to the exit and was sucked into the infinite running where it would take us back. I sat there for just a few seconds longer, just long enough where I could hear metal being through and angered screams rip through the silence. A tear had arisen in the time I stayed, but as soon as I stepped forward, it disappeared. What Philip had said was going through my head again, what was going on here?