𝚋𝚞𝚗𝚗𝚢 𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜

✩ Anna "The Huntress" ✘ Reader ✩

❝You have to show her that she no longer had to keep her guard up or limit her trust. Let her know it's okay to love you, she's safe now.❞

EDITED ON 5/10/22

As you were walking home from work, you noticed a white ball of fur shivering in the dirt along the sidewalk. You gasped when you saw it, and at that moment, you knew you needed to help. So, you tried your best to tiptoe over to the animal and pick it up, but right when you were about to bend over, it turned to face you. Bright red eyes bored into you, causing you to pause. The rabbit's tail and nose wiggled before it hopped off into the forest. You cussed under your breath as you failed to do a simple task and took off after the tiny furball.

The bunny teased you during the chase. It would stop after a while of hopping, allow you to catch up, and get close before it ran off again. Every time you fell for this, you reminded yourself to not give up. Nonetheless, the rabbit wasn't hard to find against the browns and greens of the foliage. In fact, it stood out. Maybe that was your saving grace.

After the prolonged cat and mouse game, the white bunny led you to a quaint cottage in the middle of a clearing. You stopped just at the edge of the forest, whereas the rabbit hopped on closer to the house. You had a feeling of dread pass over you. Knowing you were possibly trespassing didn't sit right with you. But the bunny was starting to get too close to the house, to the point it was going straight to the front porch. You grit your teeth together and eventually decide to just follow after the fuzzball, no matter the possible consequences.

You and the rabbit ended up mere feet away from the steps of the house. And just when you were about to pick up the furry friend, more bunnies hopped out from under the stairs in front of you. Your mouth dropped as many bunnies of different sizes, shapes, colors, and ages started to play around you. You sat down when they swarmed your feet, wanting pets and treats. Finally, the original rabbit that led you here jumped up into your lap. A couple of giggles fell from your lips as you held the animal close to your chest while running your hand down its back.

You failed to notice Anna come from the woods behind you in your bunny-filled bliss. She even crouched down right outside of your peripheral vision just to study you. Then, you saw her and jumped at her closeness when you went to reach over and pet another bunny. You froze. The rabbit you went to pet had run away, so your hand just hovered in the air as you studied her hatchets and mask. There was a significant weight that appeared in your throat when you gulped. "How'd you find this place?"

Your heart pounded against your chest as you picked up the white bunny to show her. Anna nodded her head before she stood and gestured towards the bunnies that began to swarm her feet. She threw a few crumbs out in her pockets before looking back down at you. "Would you want to help with them?"

The question made you visibly confused, to which Anna just shrugged her shoulders and went to go in her cabin. You sat the white rabbit onto the grass as you tried to pick up speed to catch up to Anna, and when you did, you questioned her the best you could. At the end of the slightly one-sided conversation, you decided to help with the care of the colony of bunnies. You didn't know what would happen after you agreed, but for now, you are happy with the new furry friends.