𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚔'𝚜 𝚖𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚊𝚙𝚎

✩ Frank Morrison "The Legion" ✘ Reader ✩

❝I love our story. Sure it's messy, but it's the story that got us here.❞

EDITED ON 8/3/2022

Snowflakes landed gently on your hair as a frost-bitten breeze cut through your clothes. You let the cold pepper your face as you walked home along a snowy pathway. Then, you noticed something muted against the sparkling whites around you as you went. Having nothing better to do, you decided to investigate. When you got close to the item, you realized it was a cassette tape. Your hand reached into the chilly powder and grabbed the tape. You turned it over in your hand to find the name Frank and a messily made smiley face written in long strides on the now wet sticker on the side. After a bit of deliberation, you decided to pocket the cassette with wonder on the forefront of your mind as you continue back again on your path home.

When your house came into view, you picked up speed to try and escape the freezing air around your bundled body. First, you unlocked and opened your door with ease. Then, you made your way into your living room, placed the cassette tape on your coffee table, and searched around your house for your silver radio and cassette tape converter. The bulky item was something you had been given many birthdays ago, but you only used it a handful of times, so you weren't entirely sure where it was. Finally, after scouring for half an hour, you ended up at the hatch of your attic. You pulled the string on the wooden door and allowed the attached ladder to extend. Once you made sure the steps were steady and stable, you climbed the wooden boards into the warm loft. After your balance was regained, you began searching through the random mess that sat dusted with time.

Fortunately, you found the converter relatively quickly. So, you grabbed the mass and tugged it back down the creaky stairs. Then, you waddled back towards your living room, slammed the object onto your coffee table, and caused the cassette to jump from the sudden vibration. An exhausted breath escaped your lips as you returned to the attic ladder to push it back into its slotted space before recalling to your coffee table. Finally, you picked up the tape, sat on the hardwood floor, raised the antenna to the converter, and pushed open the slot that allowed you to place the tape inside. As you waited for the cassette to run, your stomach grumbled as you remembered you had forgotten to eat lunch, so you picked yourself up to go to your kitchen.

Halfway there, the track decided to play and let out a mass of distortions paired with loud percussions. The blasting sound made you jump. You weren't prepared for the volume of the music and even considered turning it off. However, as you took a moment to listen, the tune grew on you, your head bopped to the beat, and your body swung with it as you began to fix a quick meal. Without fully realizing it, as the tape switched between songs, you were full-on dancing in your kitchen while waiting for your late lunch. Once it was complete, you swayed your way back into the living room while shoveling food into your mouth. "Damn, you look hella good moving like that."

You stopped at the voice. The sound made you drop your food which caused it to splatter against the wood below. A shocked gasp escaped as your eyes flicked from the newfound mess to the person who sat on the edge of your window seal. Confusion racked your brain as you tried to identify who this man was and how he opened your window. Yet, all you could do in the unexpected moment was stare at the mask in front of you. The man wore a dirty and grime-filled mask that formed a blood-ridden smile. You tried your best to question the man. However, the only thing that came out was air. In your frozen horror, the man hopped off your window, landed on the floor, which made it creak with weight, and walked over to the converter. He popped the cassette out of the slot that held it. Then, he flipped it over in his hand before looking up at you. "Thanks for keeping my shit nice and warm, but I'd really like it back. If I find out you have anything else of mine, I'm going to snap your fucking neck, got it?"