Joey's Mixtape

✩ Joey "The Legion" ✘ Fem!Reader ✩

❝Whatever happens. Happens. Don't stress.❞

You were walking along a snowy dirt path when you noticed a cassette on top of the powder. You went over to it and picked it up, turning it over in your hands you read the name Joey on it in messy cursive. Also on the tape was a bunch of mushed together zigzags, that made you giggle at the persons mess up. You pocketed the recording and headed home.

When you got to your house, you put the cassette down and went up to your attic. Searching through the random mess, you finally found it, your old silver radio and cassette tape converter. You tugged it downstairs, forgetting how heavy it was you slammed it down on your coffee table. An exhausted breath escaped your mouth as you picked up the tape once again. Putting it the converter, you waited until a track of chilling beats came out of the speakers.

The beat reminded you of the calmness of the snow falling outside; you started to drift off to sleep on your couch. That was until you heard many creaks come from your door, your head snapped towards the entrance. A man walked in with charcoal-colored clothes and a skull face mask when he saw you still awake, he froze. "It's not what you think... I'm not a burglar... I want my tape back... I saw your footprints in the snow, but it started to come down again, and I didn't want to lose the trail..." You gave him a confused look and got up from your position, hitting the button the cassette came out. You took it in your hand and walked over to the man in the doorframe, holding his hand, you placed it in. You smiled at him and escorted to your fridge, pulling out two beers.

"Want one?" He tilted his head and put the tape in his jacket, walking over to you he grabbed the brew. He sat down and pulled out a hunting knife, prying the bottle cap lip off. You gasped as the cap flew off and hit your television, rolling your eyes you got up and threw it away. By the time you got back to the couch. Joey was already halfway through with the alcohol, it surprised you, but you didn't say anything.

"Hey, can I bring a few with me when I go? Frank would love me for it... He needs a break... His mood swings are getting worse... Jules would probably kill me for giving him some drinks, but he needs to relax..." You said it was beautiful and grabbed a whole case, just in case he needed extra. You gave him the box of bottles and sat back down, finishing your drink.

"Here... I have another copy at... home... You can keep this one, just a little reminder I was here..." You chuckled and took his calming music notes. He received his leave shortly after that, leaving you alone with the thoughts that maybe you had a small crush.

The next day came, and you woke up at two in the morning, you had another nightmare, and it left you feeling empty. Getting up, you went to your fridge and grabbed a brown bottle; you chugged the whole thing in less than a minute. The only thought you had was getting rid of the ones that were plaguing your mind. Your solution worked after the tenth bottle; you were completely wasted and on the edge of passing out. Laying on the couch felt like your saving grace, but you wobbled so much the floor seemed like a better destination.

"Oh my god! Are you ok? How much did you drink? One, two, three, four... Seven... Nine, ten! Ten bottles! God, you must be drunk off your ass... Here let me help you..." You felt yourself being picked up bridal style; you drunkenly giggled about not being married to anyone. But when you looked up and recognized Joey's face, you blushed and said you wouldn't mind getting with him. His whole body stopped moving, you giggled again and slurred out that he was embarrassed. He shook his head and laid you out on the couch, he put your head in his lap and turned on the T.V. Slowly you began to fall asleep, not noticing Joey chuckling at you as you fell into a slumber.

When you woke up, you had a massive headache; it felt like your brain was going to explode. You sat upholding your head in your hands; you looked at the station, wondering when it was turned on and how you ended up in the lounge. You heard a sigh of relief that wasn't your own and turned around, seeing Joey sitting down where your head once was. "Um... Where's your bathroom? I've been sitting here for hours waiting for you to get up, I found you on the floor basically on the verge of passing out. You let out a loud groan, mumbling about how you should never have drunk that much. You pointed in the direction of your hallway, saying it was the first door to the left and watched as he made he was there before disappearing behind a door.

Getting up, you threw away all the empty bottles from the early morning; you wobbled as you did so making the job harder than before. You heard a flush and the running of water, the bathroom door opened just seconds after that. You gasped as you were being picked up, "No, I forbid you from walking around. You drank too much and need to rest; I don't care if I have to tie you down to get some." Joey placed you on the sofa and ran off into your hallway when he came back; he had blankets and pillows. He gave them to you, letting you get comfy before grabbing you a glass of water. You drank the clear liquid and asked him why he was doing this; he thought for a moment then finally replied.

"Frank drank all the beers you gave me yesterday, he calmed down a lot and wasn't all arguing with Jules that much. Susie was glad there wasn't as much racket as normal, Jules didn't complain too much, but when she realized his mood swings had gone down, she backed off. I came back here to see if you would maybe give me just a few more so we can get through the week, but then I saw you on the floor and surprisingly felt bad. So I stayed with you... I hope you don't mind..." You said you didn't and that he could get as many as he wanted. You laid back down and let your thoughts be consumed by the man you met through a cassette tape lying on the ground.

~~~~
Photo credit to notbakaspy on Tumblr