Spirit's Fury

✩ Rin Yamaoka "The Spirit" ✘ Fem!Reader ✩

❝Blood may be thicker than water, but love is thicker than anything.❞

"What... She's dead... No, that's... That's not possible... She was at the restaurant... I saw her there... I spoke to her... I complimented her hair... She had such beautiful hair..." The news devastated you. Rin was everything to you, if only you dared to confess a little bit sooner. Millions of 'if only's were swarming your mind.

The police officers came to your house after they found out you conversed with the girl that died. They marked you up as a suspect since you knew the girl and talked to her regularly. You frantically explained to them that you would never do that, that you always noticed the girl was down. That her mother's medical bills were adding up, and she's been working overtime to keep up. You told them that you heard her father lost his job if that was any help to them. After that, they left you alone, and you laid in your house despair drowning you.

You went to her funeral, where the coffins shut. Usually, that meant the body wasn't there, where's her body. You wanted to see her face one last time, and you wanted to say goodbye. When you came home that night, you noticed something on your coffee table that didn't belong. A silver ring, a broken watch, and a muddy sports cab that has a high school logo on the front sat in a perfect row.

You looked at each item; confusion sparkled in your E/C orbs. Picking up the ring, you flipped it over in your hand, you felt an engraving on the inside and turned it to read it. For my precious daughter?... Uh, my mom never gave me a ring like this... Wait, this looks like the one Rin had on... Could it be? You shook your head; it merely isn't possible for her ring to be here. But when you picked up both the watch and hat and saw her name in both, you screamed.

You heard the cracking of bones and multiple groans sound from behind you. Turning around, you saw a girl who looked like the one you loved, but dead. In such a state of happiness and horror, you started to cry. The spirit's face turned worried and phased towards you, she patted your head and tried to word out calming notes. When all your tears dried, you hugged the broken girl. Her shiny jet black hair was floating everywhere, she seemed to have forever tears streaming down her face, her eyes were pure white, and her limbs seemed to float. "What... What happened?... I... You look terrible..."

Rin gave you one look, her face contorting into anger, "Father..." You looked at her, confused. 'Father' but her dad was always good to them... Why would he do that to both her and her mother?... Unless... If he did get fired from his job, then he might have been so deep in his despair that he didn't realize what he did... The spirit's tears started to flow faster, her moans and groans became louder, and her limbs cracked more and more.

"Hey, I'll go to the station and give them some sort of tip about your dad. Can you go?.." Rin nodded her head, her husk taking form in your living room. You made a deep breath and ran out to your car, starting it up and backing up out of your driveway, you slightly speed towards your destination. Your vehicle finally stopped when you got there, hopping out of your car you slammed the door. You raced inside, only finishing when you see the man that hurt Rin in cuffs.

Her dad discovered and about to be questioned by the same officer who talked to you. You waited a moment, hoping he would come out. Hoping it wasn't right, that he didn't kill his daughter and wife because of the loss of his job. But he didn't, he never came out. You went up to the receptionist, asking her about the man who's brought in. "Oh, dear... I'm afraid he's convicted of murder... You know the daughter and wife that was found dead at that old worn down house... The one where the daughter's body mysteriously went missing... Yes, he was the cause of that..." You nodded your head, walked away, and sat down.

A moment later, the lady called you back up to her desk, saying how the man's been put in a jail cell, and you could go back there and talk to him. You agreed on going back, letting an officer escort you to his cell. The man in the uniform said he would wait outside and for you to yell if there was any trouble.

You walk up to the man in the cell, his eyes blinking in and out of the madness. You looked at him with disgust flaring in your eyes. "You do realize what you have done, right?... You killed your wife, leaving her hardly recognizable... Your daughter was left in the same way... What made you do it?" The man behind bars laughed; he looked up at you with insanity in his eyes. He said he knew what he did, that he was proud of it too, that he didn't have to worry about those troublesome bills any longer.

A wave of anger burned in your veins; a loud slap sounded in the room. "You bastard! That was for Rin! She didn't deserve that! She probably pleaded you to stop, but you didn't, did you! Rot in hell, asshat!" The man's expressions changed; he fell on the floor and started to cry. You rolled your eyes and stomped out of the room. The anger didn't fade away until you got home.

You saw Rin there in your living room, the same as she was before. Her husk disappeared, and her natural form appeared. When she saw you, she hugged you, "Thanks..." You nodded your head, feeling sorry for the girl in front of you. You made a promise to yourself that night, that if that horrid man ever got out, you would avenge what happened to his family members. No matter the cost.

~~~~

Picture credits to 925room on Tumblr