𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚔'𝚜 𝚖𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚊𝚙𝚎

✩ Frank Morrison "The Legion" ✘ Reader ✩

❝I love our story. Sure it's messy, but it's the story that got us here.❞

This is the second part, and if you haven't read the first one or forgot what happened in the last section, I suggest you go back and read/reread it.

EDITED ON 8/9/2022

THIS CHAPTER WAS REQUESTED

Your body rocked steadily as you held a plastic bowl against your chest. Then, as your oven ticked with impending heat, you stirred and scraped the batter inside the bowl with a silicone spatula. Daylight shined through your frosted window onto the metal tins that sat on your oven's stovetop. Oil seeped into the grains of the cake pans as you yawned against the light that shone on you. Nevertheless, you had cake tiers stacked full of brownies and cookies, containers filled with iced cupcakes, and you were working on a decently sized marble cake. You tried your best to finish all the sweets before Frank and his friends came.

So, as you poured the batter into one of the two tins, you groaned when you heard the many raps tap against your front door. You huffed in annoyance as you finished filling the tin you were on before putting the bowl and spatula down, grabbing a damp rag to wipe your hands, and then going to the door. Peering through the peephole, you found Frank outside. You opened the entrance, and he stood there fiddling with his mixtape. A slight frown crossed your face as you realized he was alone. "Where're the others?"

Frank pushed his mask up. You watched his lips twitch as he patted the cassette tape against his leg. "What you not happy to see me? I used the door this time. Thought you'd be pleased about that."

You rolled your eyes when Frank feigned sadness. "You asshat, of course, I'm happy to see you and that you used the door. I expected everyone else to be here since I'm meeting them for the first time."

"They will be here later. I promised you I'd bring my mixtape for you to listen to. So, are you going to let me in? Or not? Because I can go if you don't want me here." You huffed and moved aside so Frank could come in. Once inside, you closed the door and turned around to find him placing the cassette onto your coffee table before sitting on your couch.

"Hey, the cassette player is in my room. Can you go get it?" Frank huffed and groaned as he stood up.

"Why'd you have to ask me when I just-" He was cut off by you leaving the room to go check your oven and finish pouring your last tin. When you returned to your kitchen, you noticed the oven light was on. And as you went to pour the remaining batter, you saw Frank walk past the doorway. You smiled and grabbed the bowl allowing the multicolored batter to fall into the greased containers. Then you placed the bowl and other utensils into the sink before opening the oven and putting the receptacles into it. You were about to close the furnace door when Frank did it for you. He had the cassette player swaying in his opposite hand as he smirked at you.

"Easy there, don't want to let the heat out." You rolled your eyes at Frank's comment. You knew he was just trying to annoy you after making him get up, but you weren't going to bite.

"I had it. Let me set my timer, and I'll be there in a minute." He nodded before leaving for the living room. You found your phone near the sink and quickly set a timer. Then you grabbed the device and slid it into your back pocket before returning to the living room.