chapter 3

Me and my friends had a great evening, most of the time went by me and Deeps teasing Ash and Raj now it's time for dinner, so we three went down to dine. My parents and my brother are already present there...Suddenly the morning incident came rushing to my mind and I felt nervous for some reason...may be I don't want my parents to talk about the proposal in front of my friends.

"Hi Ash" "Hi Deeps" Rithick waved at my friends.

"Hi Rocky..."they both cheered.

Yup.. these three are closer than we can imagine.

We all settled for dinner , I can sense a continuous gaze on me and I can very well say that belongs to my mom,obviously I know the reason ,but I don't want to discuss about that now.

"How is the wedding preparations going Ashmitha?"my mom started the conversation.

"It's going perfectly good aunty"she smiled."almost everything is finalised and we are moving to our native place tommorow evening"she said with enthusiasm in her voice.

"Good to hear that..."my mom smiled and shifted her gaze to the side where I am sitting.

"Then...within a week you will be an aunty.....yeh!!!!"Rithick teased her.

Ash glared at him but didn't say anything. "sometimes you are right...Rithick"Deeps also joined him.

"Shut up...you two"Ash ordered them.

"Nope"they both said in unison.

"I am going to kill you both"she again threatened them,but her threats all went in vain.They both are continuosly teasing her while me and my parents are silently watching them.

"Is everything ok Kayal?"Deeps whispered in my ear.

I just shook my head and gave her a smile saying everything is fine.She smiled and nodded at me and again joined my brother in teasing Ash.

I finished my dinner and stood up from the chair to wash my plate but stopped in my track when I heard my mom talking to Deeps about marriage.

"So, when are you planning to get married Deeps?" My mom asked her.

I am eagerly waiting for her answer,because I want to know her opinion about marriage.

"May be soon aunty...."she said with a smile.

"After seeing how happy Ash is...I too want to experience Love...I want to know how it feel to be loved by someone...I want to know how it feel to fall in love with someone....I want someone to grow old with me..."she exclaimed.

I think my jaw is touching the ground now,honestly I didn't expect this answer from her.She isn't that type of girl who will talk about romance or love...so, her answer shocked me.

"Deeps.....really!!!"I blurted out.

Now I am the centre of everyone's attention...

"Why Kayal?You don't want to get married???"Deeps narrowed her eyes while my mom is smirking.

"Huh??No...I didn't mean like that"I tried to reason out.

"Then,are you ready for the marriage?"my mom asked raising her one eyebrow.

Well...now I get it!!!

But,this time also I don't have any answer so I stood rooted in the same place trying to find a way to escape this situation.

"I need some time..."I came with the same answer as morning,for which my mom sighed.

"Guys wait...Why am I feeling that we are missing something??"Ash asked with a confused face which mirrored both Deeps and Rithick's face.