chapter 18

Kayal pov

"Amma...please, atleast say ok to this saree..."I pleaded her but she made a face clearly saying no to this saree also.

"Argghhhh...Anitha I will die here itself writing a note saying that you are the reason for my death..."I glared and turned my heels to the trial room.

Once inside the room I undrapped the saree and threw it on the mirror but it slided down and fell on the floor.I kept my hands on my temples and sat on the chair.

I hate shopping...

Today morning,my mom woke me up by dropping a big bomb known as shopping.I normally hate shopping and this wedding shopping is such a pain in ass.

I groaned in frustration and saw my own reflection on the mirror.I can see worry lines formed on my forehead...I caressed my forehead and heaved a deep sigh.I changed into my dress and took a deep breathe before turning the door knob.

"Kayal...try this one na please..."my mom handed me another saree as soon as I opened the door.I sighed and looked at the saree, I think this must be some 100th saree or maybe more than that.I stared at that saree for a brief second and instantly fell in love with this saree.

It was a multicolour silk saree with green dominance in the bottom and red in top...the drums,the pee pee,the flute and other traditional instruments gave the border an ethinic look.I immediately imagined myself in this saree and I looked great.

It is very rare to get compliment for me from myself....

"Amma..this is finalised..."I grinned and handed the saree back to her.

"Atleast try it once dear..."she told me with her eyebrows knitted together in confusion

I shook my head left to right"Nope...I am going to wear this only on my wedding...so don't try to convince me.."I sternly said.

"But..."she started but I stopped her.

"Amma,stop convincing me and start to purchase for all others..."I smiled and turned to the saleswoman.

"Excuse me,where is the restroom??"I asked her.

"At the end of this floor mam..."I thanked her and turned to see my mom sulking.I grinned and walked past her.

I was crossing the elevator when someone from the lift bumped on me making me fall on the ground.

"Ouch....."I winced in pain, that someone stopped in his tracks and turned to me.

"Sorry sorry mam,I did not see you coming..."he apologised.

"What are eyes for??try to keep the eyes on your way..."I countered and tried to pull myself up but my left leg pained like hell making me fall on the ground again. I think my leg got sprained as I landed my whole body weight on my leg while falling down.

I tried again but the pain is unbearable...my eyes pooled with tears."Here,take my hand mam..."that stranger reached out his hand to help me.

I hesitated and tried to get up myself but all went in vain...so,there is no other option rather than to take his help.I looked at him and then raised my hand to take his...

"What is happening here??"I heard a familiar voice.I turned to the elevator to see Ashwin hurrying towards me with worried expression.

I felt alive after two long week on seeing him...our engagement is the last when I saw him...after that no phone call,no messages, nothing from him...and no reply for my messages too....after trying for a week I stopped messaging him....and guess what....he too did not care about that...I am super angry on him....ok,I understand he does not love me but this is very unfair to avoid his fiancee....come on man,I will be his wife within a month and we have to share the same roof...then what will he do....will he keep me away from him for his whole life???