chapter 12

I am standing in front of the mirror fidgeting the end of my saree pallu.Unknowingly I bite my lower lip...I am nervous wreck thinking about what will happen...

"For god's sake Kayal....stop doing that"I heard Deeps shouting.

"Am I looking good,Deeps??"I asked with a panick written face.

"You are looking stunning Kayal,now stop behaving like a teenager"she said with an irritated face.

I checked myself on the mirror.I am wearing a pink saree and braided my hair.As I don't like to wear makeup I asked my mom not to call any beautician....but now I am having second thoughts...

I looked at Deeps,she is sitting on the bed with legs crossed and starring at me or to be specific glaring at me.I ignored her and started to think about what is going to happen.

What if his parents doesn't like me??

What if I did anything stupid??

What if he doesn't seems to get convienced with my attitude??

Omg I am going to get panick attack.I drank a full bottle water which was kept on the side of the table.

"Kayal....Everything is going to be good,now relax "Deeps patted my shoulder.I gave her a weak smile and hugged her.

"I don't know that you also can become nervous"she teased me,but I am in no mood to counter her back.

"Ok fine...but.."she was interepted by my brother who opened the door and grinning at me.

"They are here...Amma asked you to come down"he said with a smile.

I gulped and nodded.He smiled and went,I turned to Deeps who is equally as nervous as me....and that made me to laugh.

"Why are you laughing??"she glared at me.

"It seems like there is not only one bride and groom but two.."I winked at her.

She threw the pillow at me and I laughed even more.

"Shut up,Kayal..."she exasperated.

"Aye..aye...captain..."I saluted her and laughed.

"Now go...everyone are waiting for you"she said and took the pillow which was on the floor

I narrowed my eyes at her"Hello madam,where are you trying to escape..."

"Come...let's go.."I didn't allow her to talk,I hooked my hand with hers.

"Please don't do this kayal..."she pleaded.

"There is no way to escape...now shut and come with me.."I dragged her.

We both descended the stairs,I can feel Deeps hands shivering...I pressed her hand in assurance.when we reached the living area she left my hand and took a seat far away from everyone.

I was made to stand in the centre of the living room by my mom and everyone are scanning me as if I am an exclusive creature...I mentally groaned...I hate to be the centre of attention.

My dad told me to wish them,I brought my both the hands together near my chest and said"vanakam.."

That is when I saw who are all seated in front of me...The first one who came to my vision is none other than my soon to be husband,he was wearing a blue formal shirt and paired it with black pant.His eyes scrutinized me from top to bottom with his mouth hung open.Arjun went near him and closed his mouth by pressing up his lower jaw,and when reality hit him he gave me a sheepish smile....Arjun bursted into fits of laughter and that got him a hard glare from Ashwin.