chapter 23

My heart started to beat frantically when I heard the clicking sound of the door.

God...please save me...

I closed my eyes tightly and hung my head down when I heard the closing sound of the door.My breathe got stuck in my lungs when I felt his presence near the bed....

Raammaa....I prayed mentally.

I felt a dip in the bed and I gulped knowing well that he is staring at me and that too sitting only meters away from me.

He heaved a deep sigh and instantly all my hairs in the body stood still and my mind anticipated what is going to happen.I closed my eyes even more tightly when he cleared his throat.

"Kayal..."he whispered huskily.I bit my inner mouth to mask his effect on me still my eyes closed.

"Kayal..."he called raising his tone a little higher.I still remained like a statue closing my eyes, holding my breathe and seated rooted on the same place.There was silence for few seconds but I did not dare to turn my head.

"Happy wedding night...."my eyes fluttered open and I turned my head to his side in a swift motion.

Ahhhh...

I should check whether it caused a sprain or something??

I stared at him analysing if he had gone crazy.He grinned at me and sat on the bed in the Indian style.

"What did you say??"I asked finally finding my voice.

He grinned again"Happy wedding night kayal..."he held out his hand for a shake.

"Have you gone crazy??"I asked amused.

He frowned"why do you ask like that??"and pouted.

How cute....

Control....

I shook my head to dismiss my thoughts and focussed on my husband.

"Who in the right sense will wish for the wedding night...."I queried folding the hands near my chest.

"What is wrong in wishing??"he asked in a baby tone still pouting.My eyes automatically traveled to his pout.

Damn...

"Hello...answer me....what is wrong in wishing??"he brought back my sense by clicking his fingers in fron of my face.

"I don't know that people will exchange wishes in their wedding night...."I said thinking.

He chuckled but composed himself before I set my eyes on him.I raised my eyes asking what.

"How many wedding nights you have come across??"he asked mischieviously and winked at me.I blushed and looked down.

"People wish for Birthday, Diwali,Pongal,Ramzan,Christmas and many other functions.....see these functions will be coming every year and we will share greetings all the time, so..what is wrong in wishing for the wedding night which will happen only once in a life time "he said seriously.I took some seconds to process what he is saying.

"Uh...th...that...."I stammered not knowing what to say.

"That...what??"he asked still teasing me.I started to feel nervous so I kept my mouth shut.

"So??In what way you want to celebrate this night??"he asked coming near me.I knitted my eyebrows together in confusion.

"What??"he asked and tried to hold my hand.I immediately pulled my hand and placed it on my lap.

Come on...say it kayal...

I took a deep breathe and raised my gaze but all my gathered strength blew in the air when I saw the intensity of his eyes.