chapter 10

"Can't you see that the autoclave is not working...then how am I even supposed to sterilize the culture..."I heard Deeps shouting.I quickly removed my gloves and my googles and went near her.

"That's your problem Ms.Deepika...You are supposed to submitt your report 2 days before..atleast you should have handovered the project to some else...and now I am the one who have to answer the higher officials for your irresponsible behaviour"Our senior Raghavi retorted.

Deeps was about to give her another counter but I beat her"Please Raghavi...just give us a week time, we will submitt the report...you just have to talk with senior scientists and get some time...please.."I asked with a puppy face.

She sighed and looked at me"Ok..but remember only one week..."

"Eeeee...Thank you"I grinned.

She left the lab but not before giving Deeps a hard glare.Deeps stomped her feet and left the lab...I sighed.

Sometimes this girl can be so hard to handle...

I removed my lab coat and went to the cafetaria and I spotted her sitting at the last table.

When I reached her she turned her head to the left side..and I chuckled at her antics and took the seat opposite to her.

"What are you drinking??"I asked her suppressing my laugh.

"Haann...Poison..."She said with sarcasm dripping in her voice.I giggled at this.

"Oh...god..Deeps then you will die within an hour..."

"Ouch..it hurts to even think a life without you"I said clutching my heart.

"Tell me Deeps...do you have any last wish something like that..I will make sure that it will be granted by any means...??"I said wiping my fake tears.

"Shut up.." she shouted and threw the napkin at me.

"Ok..ok..cool man"I said raising my hands up.

"How could you take that donkey's side??"she questioned me.

"I was not taking anyone's side Deeps...it's just I don't want you to get wrath from anyone.."

"You know her..She can go to any extent to be the sensational news..."

"I don't want you to get involved into that..So,lady!! literally speaking I saved you from an embarrassment...and I think that I deserve atleast a Thank you.."I said twisting my lips.

"Ha..ha..ha..Thank you...my foot!!!"she shouted and we burst into laughter together.

"You are so mean..Deeps"I told her after sometime.

"You deserve that.."she replied with a fake glare.

We were then talking about some random things and about Ash's wedding.It has been 2 days since we returned from the wedding and today we again joined the work.

Me and Deeps are working in CRIB(Chennai Research Institute of Biotechnology) as junior scientists.Biotechnology is my passion.I love science from my childhood and hence I decided to opt for this different stream in B.Tech even after many negative opinions and now a scientist😉.

We were about to return to our work when I heard a girl asking for me to one of my collegue.She was wearing a pink top and paired it with blue jean.It suited perfectly with her fair complexion.Her hair was tied in a high pony.She must be about 5.6'ft but her heels helped her to look a little highter than her original height.I saw her coming to my direction.

I glanced at Deeps to ask does she know her..but her expression mirrored mine.

Atlast the mystery girl reached us and asked looking straight into my eyes "Kayal??"