chapter 14

The screeching sound of the car woke me up from my deep slumber.I opened my eyes to see myself in a car and surrounded by darkness.I jerked off from the seat and turned to my right to see Ashwin staring at me intensly.

I heaved a sigh of relief closing my eyes and all the incidents  rushed to my mind...the kiss,his words and the way we eloped from my home.

"I was sleeping all over the ride??"I asked him.He nodded his head.

"Sorryy..."I apologised looking down embarrassed on myself.

"That's ok..."he grinned, I raised my gaze to observe my surroundings.It is completely dark, the only light filling the area is moonlight..woah...it is a full moon today.The moon was like a silver disc hanging on a lonely sky.

I shifted my gaze to my left where the waves are rearing up before crashing down to the beach sand.The moonlight shone it's silvery embers on to the waves which turned the sea into a melted platinum.

My excitement knew no boundaries when I saw the scenario in front of me.Without minding with whom I came here I jumped out from the car and ran towards the sea.As soon as the chill waves touched my foot I closed my eyes tightly to cherish this moment,it is my dream to come to beach in midnight and wet my legs.I folded up my pants till my knees and went a little forward.

"Be careful..."I heard his voice.I turned and smiled at him.

"Nothing to worry...I am scared of water so I won't go too long.."I said.

"Huh!!!Really???"he asked for which I nodded my head vigorously and turned to the sea.

"But...this is your dream right??"he blurted out.I turned to his side in a swift motion.

"How do you know that??"I asked knitting my eyebrows together.

His eyes widened in shock."I..that..."he blabbered something.

"that...what??"I asked out of curiosity.

He scratched the back of his head and ran his hand in his hair.His sleeves folded showing his worked out arms while he was doing that.

He really works out a lot!!!

"Deepika told..."I narrowed my eyes.

"Ok...ok...I asked Deepika"he said raising up his hands.

"Why??"I probed him.

"Because I want to fulfill all your dreams..."he said not looking into my eyes.

"Why??"I interrogated folding my hands near my chest.

"Because You are my fiance and it's my duty to fulfill all your wishes..."he replied.

I am at the verge of lashing out at him but controlled it eventually and turned my head to the other side to calm down a little.

He too understood my mood and chose to remain silent.I sighed inwardly.I sat on the beach sand to enjoy the scene in front of me.After few seconds he too sat near me.I was shivering as the climate is very chill,without saying anything he stood up and went to the car,I shrugged and turned my attention to the sea.

"Here,wear this..."he showed the sweater in front of me and I took it from him without saying anything.

He left out a deep sigh and sat near me"What did I do??Why are you giving me this silent treatment??"he asked me.

I ignored and kept my focus only on the sea and the moon."Talk with me Kayal..."he pleaded.

"What do you want me to talk??"I exasperated.

"Kayal...please don't do this.."he said massaging his temple.

"I am doing what Ashwin??"I inquested him.