chapter 9

I was humming a song and caresseing the little girl Preethika's head who is sleeping soundly like an angel.Deeps dragged me from Ashwin and gave me this job to look after this cutie whose mother got some urgent work to do,it has been an hour already but still neither Deeps nor this girl's mother has come and now I'm slightly bored because even my mobile phone went off.

Someone knocked the door startling me a bit, thinking that someone as Deeps I picked up a pillow to hit her for getting here ate but when I opened the door there stood my Ashwin in all his glory giving me one of his enthralling smile.His eyes travelled to my hand where I was holding the pillow and smirked,I immediately hid it behind my back.

"Won't you invite me in??"came his husky voice.

"Oh..ya...ya....come in..."

"This is preethika...right??"he asked and I nodded.

"Why are you standing there??do you not plan to get in?"he coaxed.

"No..no..it's ok..I will stand here..."I replied without giving him a glance and I heard him chuckle.

"I won't eat you...come in"he said with a smile.

This isn't right... my mind warned.

There was pin drop silence in the room...no one dared to say anything.My reason is 'I don't trust my mouth around him' it has been out of it's control from yesterday but I don't know why he is silent.He is the one who came here but why isn't he saying anything? and for some strange reason my heart is picking up it's speed.

He cleared his throat as if preparing to say something but didn't.Once again he went back to his silent mode and once again not knowing what to do I remained silent.

"Why are avoiding me???"came his sudden question that startled me a bit.

"Sorry..."he said scratching the back of his head.

"It's ok..."

"Why are you avoiding me,Kayal??"he again asked the same question.

I left out a deep sigh"I....not..."

After taking a sharp breathe I replied"I am not avoiding you..."

Really???

Shut up.

"Oh...really??"he folded his hands near his chest.

"Yes..."I replied hesitantly.

"Then why are you not looking at me???"he again asked me.

I closed my eyes and groaned inwardly.I have no answer for this question.

"Answer me..."

"Uh....no...nothing..."I stammered.

"Don't you dare to lie..."I remained silent.

"I've got another question for you"his voice suddenly became low.

"Do you regret in loving me or confessing your feelings?"and this question made me look at him.

I knitted my eyebrows together in confusion and asked him"What?"

"You heard me"

"What the hell is your problem Ashwin??Why do you misunderstand me always??"I was shouting.

He sushed me by keeping his finger on my lips"Keep your voice low..she is sleeping"pointing Preethika,the temperature in the room suddenly went cold and I started to shiver and if I'm not mistaken his eyes travelled to my lips atleast for a fraction of second but our moment was broken by my mobile ringtone and that made him take back his finger.I picked up the call.