chapter 41

"Kayal!!!"

"Athai?mama??"my voice did not attempt to mask the shock.She hugged me and mama smiled at me.I am seeing him smile for the first time at me but I am more than shocked to reciprocate his smile.

"How are you dear??"it was my uncle who asked.

"F...fine mama"I said and looked at my athai.

"Surprised??"she asked giving her crooked smile.

"But,you said that it will take another 3 days for your arrival athai??"I queried not answering her question.She grinned.

"We planned to surprise you..."she is still grinning.I gulped and asked them to get in.

"Where are my sons???"she asked scanning the whole living room and when her eyes passed the guest room,I felt like someone knocked the air out of my lungs.

"Ashwin is taking shower and Arjun must be sleeping athai"my hands are fidgeting with the bag I took from my in laws.

"Are you alright kayal??"she asked eyeing me suspiciously.

"Ha...Yes athai"I tried to keep my voice steady.She stared at me for 2 seconds and then averted her eyes.

"So,how was your trip athai??"I tried to start a conversation as I don't want them to be more suspicious.

"Awesome,I have studied about the various cultures of India in my childhood,but it was a fantastic experience to come across all the cultures..I know that I did not even see half the cultures but it feels like..."all her words went in air when I heard the clicking sound of the guest room door.My heart started to beat fastly.She too stopped talking and turned to that room whereas I stood routed in the same place closing my eyes tightly.

I heard her gasp,I shut my eyes even more tightly and gripped the bag I am holding stronger.Each and every corner of the room screamed silence.I didn't dare to turn around,as I am really afraid of Anjali aunty's reaction.

"Could someone please explain what the hell is she doing in my house???"Anjali aunty's voice is low but yet demanding.

"I am asking something,Kayal..."I gulped and taking a deep breathe I turned to face her.She is burning with rage,it is completely evident from her eyes and one thing I am sure is....I am officialy screwed.

"Open your mouth and answer me"her voice sent shiver to my body.

Damn it...

"Ath...athai...that...she...I...."I fumbled with words.I shook my head closing my eyes disappointed on myself.

I can't do this...

Yes,you have to...

No,I won't...

Then,what is the point of bringing her here??

That...

So,stop being an idiot and start talking...

Sure??

100%

I opened my eyes and looked at my in laws.Anjali aunty is still burning in furry but what surprised me was Shekhar uncle's calm face.He did not even show a little bit of shock or surprise on his face,but I could sense one of the rare emotion which he haven't posessed...admiration and that too for me.

He smiled and nodded his head encouraging me to continue....my head too nodded on it's own accord and taking a deep breathe I looked at my athai.

"Athai....I know you hate her for what she did to Ashwin,but please listen to her once... everyone blamed Tara for betraying Ashwin but no one cared about what made her do like this...."