chapter 27

Kayal pov

"Well...it's for one more week..."I nonchantly replied.

She gave me a knowing look and turned to her laptop.I waited for her to say something.

"In that case you have to work over time once you joined the work to complete your project"Navya said not looking at me.

Bitch...

"Fine..."I replied in a stern voice.She curtly nodded at me and this is my cue to get out of the room.

"I hate her Deeps..."I threw my handbag on the table in the cafetaria,Deeps chuckled.

"Chill Kayal...."she cheered me and took deep breathe to calm down.

"What do you want,mam??"the waiter asked us.

"A cappuccino with vennilla topings will do for me..."Deeps ordered and looked at me.

"Same here..."I dissmised him immediately.

"So??where Ashwin is taking you for honeymoon??"she asked with a teasing smile on her face.I shrugged.

"You really don't know where he is taking you??"she asked amused.

"He said it's a surprise..."I stirred the cappuccino.

"Romantic..."she exclaimed and started to drink hers.We were taking about some random things when we heard a commotion behind us.

"No...your card is not working..."

"Pay for what you ate or else I am going to call the police..."we turned to see the manager warning some lady.

"Sir...I don't have any money and I swear my card was working till yesterday night..."the girl was weeping.

"Cut the crap and pay the bill..."the manager said in a stern voice,eventhough the girl is not facing me I can feel her shiver.

"Please sir....I will pay withing evening.."she tried again but the manager is not in the mood to set her free.

"Rahul,call the police..."he ordered the receptionist boy.

"Please sir..."

"Please....just give me some time.."she was trembling badly.

"No you have to be taught a lesson.....Rahul did you call police??"he asked the same boy.

I immediately stood up from my table and started to walk to their direction with Deeps following me.

"Wait manager..."my voice boomed around the cafe making everyone turn to me.

That lady too turned to me and instantly I identified her....she is the same lady whom I encountered in the airport when me and Ashwin went to pick up Ash and Raj and as if she too realised who I am she eventually relaxed.

Her eyes looked more tired than that day...the bags under her eyes says that she is having sleepless nights...the wrinkles in her skin shows that she is sick and starving.A small lump formed in my throat on seeing her condition.I really started to hate that person whoever is the reason for her condition.

"I will pay her bill..."I said in a demanding tone to the manager.

"That's ok mam...I will do something.."that lady whispered.

"What is her bill??"I ignored her and kept my question to the manager.

"It's 800.Rs mam.."he said after checking the bill.

"Here..."I settled the bill and again turned to the manager.

"Just because she don't have money now doesn't mean she is some trash that did not deserve any respect....so from next time mind the way you speak to a woman..."I glared and started to walk out of the cafe dragging that lady with me.