chapter 26

"Kayal....can you take me that blue file over there??"I heard him asking me.

I turned to the direction where he  mentioned....and I spotted the blue file, I took that and  handed over to him without uttering any word.....

"What??"he exasperated placing that file on the bed with a thud sound.

"How many days are you going to avoid me kayal??"his voice said that he is irritated.

I closed the novel I was reading and turned to him fully.I stared at him for few seconds and inhaled a deep breathe.

"I am..."

"Cut that crap....'that I am not avoiding you'...anyone in the right mind can say that you are trying to keep me away from you....it has been three days kayal!!!!...I am extremely sorry that I lost control on that day....I won't blame my hormones for that...I will take all the responsibility on myself but please just quit your silenct treatment....I can't handle this anymore..."he folded the laptop and kept it aside.

I just kept on gazing him and his eyes bored into mine.I slowely stood up from the couch and reached the bed.He gave place for me to sit on the bed by moving aside.I sat beside him and looked at him intenly.

"I was about to say that I am sorry and I over reacted but I did not expect you to apologise...."I fidgeted with end of the duvet.

"So??you are not angry at me??"he asked to confirm.I shook my head left to right revealing my answer.

I heard him inhaling a deep breathe and from my periperal vision I can see him grinning....

"Then,can I kiss you??"he whispered in a seducing way and it worked but I remained silent.

"Can I take this as a yes or......yes??"he asked making me smile.I nodded my head.

"Are you going to atleast look at me??"he teased and I blushed.

"Hmmm..."he raised my face by taking my chin in his hand.He stared into my eyes and I felt nothing more than to surrender myself into his arms and that is what I exactly did... I hugged him tightly burrying my face into his chest....

I inhaled his masculine scent deeply and felt contented when he caressed my hair and kissed on my head.

We both did not say anything and we felt that no word is capable enough to convey our feelings right now.We belived that this silence did some magic as it exchanged the words what our mouth couldn't.

"Can I ask you something??"he asked still caressing my hair.I just hmmmed playing with the button on his tee shirt.

"Why do you love me??"I stopped spinning my finger on the button and his hand too stopped moving on my head.

I separated our frames and looked into his eyes....his eyes held eager,amusement, longing.....

I placed my hand on his cheek"You need no reason to fall in love Ashwin..."I whispered.

His eyes still holding mine"The moment I laid my eyes on you I know you are 'the one' and the butterflies inside my stomach confirmed what my heart said....the spark in my eyes whenever you are around me is what made me belive that this is'love'...not everything you do in life needs a reason Ashwin...sometimes somethings are good to be left unknown because it is our destination....and you are my destination..."I poured out my heart.

He stared at me without blinking his eyes...I waved my hands before him.

"Do you think I deserve your love??"he looked everywhere but me.

"No one better than you..."I winked as I turned his face to my side.He just nodded his head.

"When are you joining your work??"I asked intentionally to change the topic.