chapter 15

I was sitting on the bed with my back resting on the board and reading a novel when my best friend decided to disturb me.I removed my reading glass and looked at her annoyingly.

"What do you want??"I asked her keeping the book and glass on the bed side table.

"It's your engagement today, Kayal...but you are casually sitting and reading a novel.."she sounded as if complaining, I chuckled.

"Cool dude...we still have 6 hrs...I think it is more than enough to get ready..."I shrugged.

"Really??? Aren't you excited to see your fiance??"she asked with a hint of tease.

I smirked at her question"Of course I am, but someone is more excited than me...aren't they??"I asked looking at her.She looked flushed.

"See you after a week..."I mimicked Arjun's words and by this time she turned scarlet.

"Shut up..."she tried to act annoyed but failed miserably.I laughed at this.

"Don't worry ,your secret is safe with me..."I whispered in her ears.

She glared at me and this made me burst into fits of laughter.She opened her mouth to say something but stopped when my room's door opened.We turned to the door to see my cousins grinning at me.

"Pottttiiiii...."I shouted and hugged her tightly with a force that made her stumble.

"Woah...woah..slow down idiot"she said but hugged me with same intensity.

"Surprised??"she asked me with a smile on her face.

"Of course man....I don't know that you are coming..."I told her breaking the hug.

She smacked my head"That's only known as surprise..."

"Eeeeee..."I smiled at her sheepishly at my own stupidity.

"How are you??"I inquested her.

"Awesome...as always..."she grinned.

"Someone has forgotten me..."I heard a voice and instantly my lips curved into a smile.

"Obviously not..."I turned to my brother and hugged him.

"How can I forget you??You will always be my sweetest brother..."I pinched his nose, he winced at this.

"You haven't changed even a little..."he said rubbing his nose.I grinned and made them sit on the bed while me and Deeps took the chairs.

"So??marriage??"Kasthuri asked folding her hands in front of her chest.I nodded simply.

"What happened to the kayal who promised me not to marry anyone??"she asked raising one eyebrow.

I shrugged"That was long time back idiot...we don't even know the meaning of marriage at that age"

I was 5 when I saw my parents fighting for some reason and my dad made my mom cry.She cried the whole day but my dad did not pay any heed to her cryings.When I asked my aunty she said'This is what the Indian society expect from women,once we got married it expects us to dedicate ourself to the family...only family should matter to you,your dreams should be kept far away from the family, you have to be dependent for your whole life...' and the only thing I understood from her answer is my mom is crying because she is married so I decided not to marry and asked Kasthuri also not to get married which she accepted happily.

I smiled thinking those beautiful moments.Kasthuri is of my age but Hari anna is 3 years older than me.They are my mom's elder sister's children.

"This is unfair guys...."She whined like a child.