Realization

(( Why is clingy Klance my favorite? Can we just recall all of voltron after season three, go back and make that a thing?))

Once Keith, Lance, and Matt made it out, they crammed anywhere they could in the car. Matt ended up in the driver's seat, and Keith and Lance were in the back.

Lance pulled Keith onto his lap, hugging him and holding him close.

" What're you doing-" Keith tried to say, but Lance only held him more.

" Shut up." Lance retorted into the fabric of Keith's shirt.

The smaller boy began blushing darkly.

Pidge came sprinting out of the mansion a few seconds later, hopping into the passenger seat.

" Go!" She yelled, slamming the door. Matt looked around for the keys, figuring that Lance had tossed them somewhere up there. As soon as he tracked them down, he started the ignition and they were speeding off. Other cars were soon behind them.

" Keith! You nearly gave me a heart attack!" Pidge yelled, seeing him in the back seat. " Are you okay?!"

Keith was a mess of blush and confused feelings while turning over his shoulder.

" I'm fine." He said in a flustered tone of voice.

Lance wasn't shy about holding him. Something had changed. He didn't even try to hide his emotions at that moment. Keith was an ass, and a hothead, and kind of a little bitch sometimes. But... that didn't change the fact that Lance had become attached to him. After having lost so many people, Lance had a way of latching onto the ones who stayed.

" I saved your life, don't I get a thank you?" Lance cooed, smirking at Keith a bit.

" My knight in shining armor." Keith remarked sarcastically.

" Wow. I see how it is." Matt said while pressing the gas and speeding more.

Pidge just needed to know that he was okay. She and Keith had known each other for a very long time, and she would've been devastated if something had happened to him.

" Is Shiro okay? And the others?" Keith broke out of his Lance induced trance.

" I think everyone made it out." Pidge told him. " I didn't see anyone... you know..." She trailed off.

" Thank fuck." Keith sighed in relief. " You guys didn't need to do that."

" Um. Excuse me? What the fuck? Yes we did." Lance said.

Keith folded his arms. He hated the idea that people could've died because of him.

Lance held him more, hugging him and burying his face in Keith's collarbone. Words could not describe the weight that lifted off of his chest after they were in that car and gone from Lotor's. Keith was safe.

Some might've wondered what made Lance so worried about Keith all of the sudden, almost out of nowhere. Well... he couldn't lose anyone else. After what happened with his family, the loss couldn't have gotten much worse.

He and Keith had been flirting, and even fucked a couple times. But Lance saw it as more than that. What if Keith had died before he'd had the guts to tell him? He wasn't going to make the mistake of not appreciating him.

Keith was already important to him, despite how it might've seemed at times.

" We need to talk..." The taller boy told Keith quietly.

Keith's cheeks were practically glowing red from the severity of his blush. Little did he know, it had taken him getting kidnapped for Lance to realize how much his feelings had blossomed.