Looking Up

(( Loves, this is very important. As you all know, I am taking a break to focus on my novel after Bullets wraps up. It'll be about a month and a half long, but... I won't be completely absent from my accounts. I have some oneshots already written to tide you all over while I'm gone, but I need help. I've been asking for prompts on Instagram, and the feedback has been so greatly appreciated! However, I'm rarely given enough info to go off of. The ships I'm writing for include: Klance, Shatt, Adashi, Shattam, Makoharu, Victuri, Otayuri, and Misaki x Usagi. If you would be willing to comment or DM oneshots you want to see from me for any of these ships, it would mean so much. Smut, fluff, and angst are accepted. I have four oneshots done at the moment, but to keep you all satisfied, I need to write more before break. Details are everything, and the more of them you're willing to give me in your suggestion, the more likely it is I can use it. I'll give credit and shoutouts to oneshots suggested by others as well. Thank you, Loves!))

After Lance had been checked out by just about every doctor in the hospital, or so it seemed, Keith and Shiro were finally allowed into the room. He was deemed fit for visitors, and was apparently in great shape. Well, as great of shape as he could be after such a serious injury. His heart function was normal, as was his blood pressure, and there didn't seem to be anything out of order.

Keith held Lance's hand, sitting by him at his bedside. Lance squeezed his boyfriend's hand back and wished he could pull Keith up on the bed with him. He was severely cuddle deprived.

" So... when you get better, I'm slapping you." Keith remarked, pursing his lips.

Lance rolled his eyes.

" For?" He raised an eyebrow, bringing Keith's hand up to his lips, where he pressed a kiss on it.

" What do you think?" Keith looked him right in the eyes. It was incredibly difficult for anyone to discern what he was feeling. It seemed like anger, but also depression, and also gratitude for Lance's life. It was complicated, so much so that Shiro and Lance didn't even have an upperhand.

Lance said nothing at first.

" You literally died for me. Do you have any idea how that makes me feel?" Keith stared down. " You should've just let-"

" Better me than you. I'd do it again... and again, and however many times it took for you to be safe." Lance interrupted. " And nothing you can say will change my mind."

Keith felt the urge to fold his arms, but he didn't want to let go. So that's how he ended up holding hands with Lance angrily. He knew that he was stubborn and he wouldn't change his mind, but Keith himself was very hardheaded. He would never change his stance on the issue, either. Lance shouldn't have done it for him, or so Keith thought.

Shiro sat in another chair awkwardly. He felt the tension filling the room to the brim, and he knew that if it kept up, he'd go nuts.

" No matter what happened, we're all glad you're okay." Shiro told him.

" Thanks..." Lance lightly smiled to himself. He had to admit, he was beyond giddy to be awake. Though he wouldn't have objected dying for Keith if push came to shove. His attention was broken from his own thoughts when he caught a glimpse of Shiro's bandaged up arm. " Woah, Shiro, what happened? Is... you know who... dead?"

Shiro's good hand clenched into a fist at the mention of it. Lance didn't even have to say his name for him to experience the feelings associated with it.

" He's dead." The leader assured.

" How'd he die?" Lance asked, wanting to know. He knew it might've been messed up and everything, but he hoped that it was a slow and agonizing death. It was better than Lotor deserved, probably.