Back

(( Hi, Loves! When I finish my paper back novel, who all would want to buy it? I'm just curious.))

Keith's cheeks were puffy and swollen as he stood at the foot of Lance's bed, leaning heavily on his crutches. Lance looked... dead. His face was free from any emotion and his glistening blue eyes weren't shining. They were shut, essentially blocking Keith off from Lance's inner soul.

He sniffled and wiped away his tears, not wanting to cry in front of Lance and make him feel worse. Whoever even knew if Lance could hear him or not. Keith doubted it, but he still didn't care to chance it.

His crutches made a recoiling noise as he went over to the bedside, yanking over a chair and struggling. Keith well deserved it by the time he collapsed his ass into the seat, because it had been a fucking ordeal in itself.

Keith's eyes were blurred with tears as he sat there. Lance had an IV jabbed in his arm, and his heart monitor was steady beside him. He had visible bandages that resided under his gown, and they were applied where the gunshot had hit him. It had barely missed his heart, by two inches at most.

" I'm s-so sorry..." Keith choked and took Lance's hand, squeezing it as tears dropped onto his thighs. " I love you so much... please... just come back to me..."

Keith didn't know how long he could go without Lance's shitty jokes and flirtatious lines, or his raunchy humor. He knew he wouldn't last long without Lance there to save him from himself, and bring him back down to reality when his anger hit the fan. His boyfriend was everything, and Keith... Keith couldn't live without everything. He'd become too attached, to the point where weaning him off Lance was impossible. This whole cold turkey situation, it was hurting him even worse than the car crash had.

He scooted his chair closer and began squeezing Lance's tan hand more firmly.

" Lance... we're supposed to be forever... you promised..." Keith sniffled.

He wanted his future with Lance far away from the guns and madness, and he wanted a simpler life. He wanted to adopt and have a family, and he wanted Lance to be his partner in it all.

Keith leaned down and pressed a trembly kiss on Lance's cheek, praying that he wouldn't have to wait too long.

He leaned back in the chair, convincing himself that he wasn't going to leave, or let go of Lance's hand until the taller boy was up.

...

Matt and Shiro's faces both sank, and Adam pulled his hand back from Shiro. He was unsure why the unfamiliar man had been holding it in the first place. He squinted at them, feeling a headache due to not wearing his glasses for such an extended period of time.

The doctors looked between Adam, then the other two.

" Sir, can you tell me what your name is?" They asked Adam, needing to make sure.

" I'm Adam... now where the hell am I? And who are you two?" He asked Matt and Shiro, and Matt's lip quivered.

" Do you really not remember?" The shorter, ginger haired man inquired.

Adam rubbed his head.

" Remember what?" He went to sit up, but then grimaced. Feeling over his back, he found a bunch of bandages. " Where are my glasses? I can't see shit..."

Matt hugged Shiro and took a deep breath.

" Can you tell me the last thing you remember?" The doctor asked Adam, snapping his fingers to get his attention.

Adam seemed to be at a loss.

" Er... running errands... making a coffee run for everyone." Was his answer after a while. That was back at Lotor's mansion, but he couldn't tell them that much. He wasn't trying to get slaughtered.