He Told Him So

(( Me: Just a dash of angst this chapter. *uncaps industrial sized bottle of angst* *accidentally spills half of it into the chapter* Well... I guess there's no helping it then O_O ))

Lance's heart was like a drum being beat inside of his head. It was rabid in its speed, and he was seriously wondering if he was going to give himself a heart attack.

After all he'd been through with his own family, he was terrified of losing anymore people that he cared for. Shiro had helped him get on track, and had given him a life worth living. But this was the only catch.

He and Keith were stalking James and Kinkade, eerily watching from behind a stack of illegal substances. They just had to wait for the right moment to strike.

Keith held the knife Lance had given him, keeping it close to himself and preparing to use it if he had to. Out of the knives he could've picked, Keith had even left his mother's old knife at home. Lance's had become almost more important to him.

Lance gulped a bit, feeling a bead of sweat form on his forehead. He wasn't scared of being hurt himself. He was afraid of seeing Keith's blood, petrified of risking his boyfriend just to prove a point. Beating them up? Really?! It could only result in a pointless shoot out! What didn't Shiro get about that?!

" How long are you going to hide back there?" James called, not even bothering to turn around. He and Kinkade knew full well that they were there. " We don't have all night."

Lance growled, and Keith was ready to launch himself out from behind their hiding spot.

Lance stood up, letting them see his gun as he didn't flinch.

" Scumbags." Keith spat.

" Oh, it's him." Kinkade chuckled while seeing Keith. " Didn't you get enough last time?" He smugly asked.

" Whatever, sparky." Lance scoffed. " I bet you're happy I didn't bring my taser." He smirked at Kinkade menacingly. Kinkade tensed up and got more serious.

" So... are you just going to stand there and talk tough? Or are you going to actually do something?" James clicked his tongue. Backup was on the way, and he and Kinkade could both take comfort in that. Lance and Keith had no clue what they'd been lured into.

" Come on... we won't shoot you right away. Where's the fun in that?" Kinkade taunted.

" That's it!" Keith yelled, trying to push past Lance and make the first move. If there was one thing he couldn't stand, it was cockiness from them. Lance was the only one who could get away with it.

Lance stopped him.

" Lance!" Keith exclaimed. " Let me fucking through!"

" Isn't that cute." James laughed. He and Kinkade began walking forward, ready to fight if Lance wouldn't throw the first punch.

Keith finally got past Lance and went charging in. It was just like him to go for the biggest guy with little concern for himself. Lance's eyes widened as he saw his boyfriend pounce to punch Kinkade right in the jaw. The very large man stumbled back, but not before getting a hold of Keith and throwing him to the ground.

" Keith!" Lance yelled, and worry flashed in his eyes like lightning.

" Your fight's with me!" James' fist made contact with Lance's cheek as he threw his shoulder's weight into it. Lance winced a bit, but blocked the next one. He managed to land an elbow to James' cheekbone and kick him in the gut not but a second later. He went flying back, but scrambled back up with his fists up in a fighting stance.

Keith was busy squirming out from under Kinkade and kicking him in the face. His legs raised, and his foot landed on Kinkade's chin as he slid out from under him.