Crossing Paths

(( *throws full tea cup* *scalding tea spills and splatters on the floor* oops...))

" Lance, it's fucking hot out here..." Keith groaned and wiped some sweat from his forehead. The sun was shining right in his face and staining the back of his eyes.

" It's so nice... what are you talking about?" Lance smiled, basking in the humid air and hoping that he'd tan. Keith deadpanned, laying back in his chair. They were both poolside, enjoying the nice weather. Well, the weather Lance liked. It reminded him of Cuba, of his childhood. Up until what happened with his family, he'd actually had a pretty decent upbringing. The beaches, the sand, it was his optimal habitat.

Lance never wanted to leave as he reached for Keith's hand, holding it in his own. He squeezed it, looking over Keith's shirtless chest. They were both only wearing swimming trunks.

" I'm surprised nobody has noticed all your hickeys~" Lance teased his boyfriend.

Keith blushed and covered his neck with his palm, trying to hide the very dark, inflamed marks Lance had left all over him.

Lance sipped his margarita with a shit eating grin on his face. He was grateful he was allowed to have it by the pool, as long as he wasn't swimming, that is.

" If you say that too loud people totally will." Keith told him from the side of his mouth, flustered as all hell. He had his hair up, so he couldn't even rely on his mullet to distract from them.

Lance chuckled, tempted to pull Keith over and just make out with him. They were in public, though, and people were all around them. They were at the tiki bar behind them, in the pool in front of them, and on their sides in the other poolside chairs.

" Maybe I want people to admire my artwork?" Lance teased.

Keith pursed his lips and narrowed his eyes. He didn't know how to respond.

Lance was so lovesick that it hurt. It was written all over his face as he stared into Keith's eyes.

That's when he got a lap full of something positively frigid. Lance's drink slipped out of his hand from how startled he was, and it spilled everywhere when it hit the cement floor. Thankfully the glass didn't break.

Keith looked over, seeing a girl that neither of them had noticed. They'd been too focused on each other. Her long blonde hair was pulled back into pigtails, and her drink had flown as she'd apparently tripped.

Keith got up, concerned.

" Woah, are you okay?" He stood before her, offering his hand to help her up. She looked up, panicked.

" Oh crap! I'm so sorry! I-" She looked over at Lance, who was still freezing from the waist down. Keith helped her up, and Lance got up as well.

" It's okay, he's fine." Keith told her.

" Romelle, are you okay?" Allura came rushing over to her friend. Romelle nervously chuckled while seeing her.

" I'm fine, Ally." She told her, looking back to Lance and Keith. " I'm so sorry..." Romelle cringed.

Allura looked down at the spilled drinks.

" Really, it's fine." Lance assured, wiping the sticky drink off of his abs. He was used to being covered in other sticky things... but a margarita was a first. " It's been a long time since a chick has dumped her drink in my lap." Lance joked, thinking about his high school days.

Keith cleared his throat, side eyeing Lance. He dared him to use the word 'chick' one more time.

" I can get you a new drink right away." Allura told him, shaking her head and smiling nervously. " Again, so sorry."