Forgetting Doesn't Work

(( That moment when I don't know what to put for an author's note in the beginning but I still have to put something. ͜ʖ ͡•) ))

To say that Lance had been greatly impacted by seeing Allura's body would've been a grave understatement. He hadn't even known her well, but seeing someone dead at all was enough to devastate him.

He knew how it felt.

This girl had a family, and people who loved her, and there would definitely be people out there and looking for her. Lance's heart went out to her relatives, the ones that were probably worried sick by then, and wondering why she wasn't answering her phone. There was most likely a missing person's report filed on her, and all he could do was sit by like an asshole and keep his mouth shut about it.

It was so much more difficult for him, though. He'd been that family member, the one who found that his family was not only deceased, but murdered in cold blood. Lance couldn't decide if the not knowing was worse.

That was just how gang life was. People lived, people died, and when they did... people made damn sure to keep their lips sealed about it.

He'd barely come out of his room since then, and even as Allura's body was taken care of by other members, he remained reclusive. It had been a couple days, and the family was staying on the downlow. Being that they were planning on sending Adam in, it couldn't be right after the Allura incident. It would've been an obvious ploy with no chance of success.

Lance could barely do anything as he laid there and stared at the wall in the dark abyss he called a bedroom. He had the covers pulled up over himself as he kept recounting the events and playing them over and over again in his head.

Keith cracked the door open, hesitant to come in.

" Babe?" He asked quietly, unsure if Lance was sleeping. Keeping his distance from Lance had been hard, but Keith understood that Lance would need some time to cope with what had happened.

Lance turned his head toward the door, emerging from under the covers. There was a tiny smile on his face as he saw Keith's silhouette and heard his voice.

" Keith... come here..." He mumbled, lifting the blanket and opening up his arms to his boyfriend. Keith apprehensively walked in. He had planned something out, and he was trying to access if Lance would be in a healthy enough mental state for it. He just wanted to help him in any way that he could, maybe cheer him up a little.

Lance pulled Keith down and spooned him, humming and burying his face in his mullet from behind. He smiled and nuzzled into the hair affectionately.

" I missed you, Baby..." The taller male whispered and kissed Keith's head, all while wrapping his arms around him and cuddling him. Keith settled into the contact and eased, feeling warmth in his chest from Lance's embrace.

" I missed you, too..." Keith murmured and allowed himself to sit further back into the contour of Lance's body. Merely feeling his touch and hearing his voice dispelled Keith's worries even if just a little bit. He was hoping he could get Lance out of his room now that the blood and everything was cleaned up.

Speaking of which, it wasn't even Lance's room. It was Keith's, but he'd become so accustomed to sleeping there that he'd begun to see it as his own. Sleeping in Keith's sheets and being surrounded by things that smelled like him were a form of consolation and comfort.

" Hey, Lance... I was thinking... maybe you could come out for a bit. I have a surprise for you..." Keith whispered, rolling so that he could face his boyfriend. Lance pulled him in more snugly, pressing a tiny kiss on Keith's nose and burying by his neck afterward.