The Balcony

(( TRIGGER WARNING! There is a suicide attempt in this chapter, and some very unhealthy thoughts! Please do not read if you believe you are not capable, or do not have a stable enough mindset. Never be afraid to stop reading if it hits too close to home, Loves.))

The first flurries of the year blew in the wind behind him, and the chilly gusts were whispering in Adam's ear as he approached Lotor's door. It was almost as if the wind was warning him to turn back the way he'd come, and run as fast as his legs would facilitate.

He knew everyone was watching from the mansion, and that they were ready to storm the place if anything went bad, but still. There was no amount of anxiety meds or self medication that could save his nerves.

" You're doing fine. You need to breathe." Shiro talked from Adam's glasses. He didn't bother shutting up, since Lotor wasn't around to hear right then. They could keep the channel open.

" Be careful." Matt added.

Adam took a very deep breath, the snow beneath him crunching with every step he took. Lotor had opened the gate for him, so there was a start. This could go a couple ways. One, Lotor was leading him to his death. Or... he was going to believe him when he begged for forgiveness.

" I'm in the security cameras. As far as I can tell he's unarmed. Beware of the guards." Pidge said. Though last time they'd caught her inside of the security system, they hadn't seen her this time. If it was so simple as hacking in, Shiro would've already gone in with Keith and Lance, however, they had many paid security guards and gang members on the premises at all times. With the human component, the part that they couldn't hack and control, things got complicated.

Adam set his suitcase down, ringing the doorbell. There was a very deep chiming noise, base-like in its tone. Being there was bad enough, but the ominous sound was not helping his anxiety one bit.

Adam didn't have a weapon. He knew if they searched him and found one, it was game over. It was a calculated risk. His glasses were Shiro's eyes and ears, and the only way he could communicate with them. If he used a phone, it would've been tapped and Adam would've been undoubtedly executed in his sleep.

" Well, well, well..."

The door had been swung open, causing a large breeze from how heavy it was. Adam stood with narrowed eyes, stiff posture, and snowflakes in his hair. His hazel eyes were beading, but he couldn't help it.

" Look who came crawling back..." Lotor smirked. He scoffed in an amused way, and Adam didn't dare move a muscle. " Did your little boyfriend hit you? Is that why you're here?"

" He's not my boyfriend." Adam lied through his teeth, though it hurt him to do so. " And I made a mistake."

Lotor whipped a blade out from the inside of his sleeve, putting it right in front of Adam's face. It was about a centimeter from his glasses when he stopped it, having precise control and accuracy. He was testing him, or so it seemed.

Adam gulped, but didn't flinch. He knew everyone at home was most likely losing their shit, and internally he was doing the same, but he couldn't afford to show it.

" Stubborn as always... you always were like your brother that way." Lotor remarked, stepping aside and allowing him inside. Adam contemplated for a moment before taking a step inside, and hoping that when he left the mansion again, he would still be breathing.

Adam tried not to choke up at the mention of his brother, who had been slaughtered years before. He blinked slowly and collected himself, and instead of showing his anger, he repressed it. Shiro would be getting revenge for him. Though Adam most likely wouldn't be the one to deliver the finishing blow, he trusted Shiro and the others would.