Hang On

(( I'm actually dying rn from a cold, but here's the chapter. ANGST AND BLOOD WARNING!))

It was a standoff of indefinite proportions. A knife was still pressed to Adam's throat, and Shiro had laid down his gun. Lotor's other guards kept their guns pointed at the family leader, Hunk, and Matt. Shiro was standing in front of them as much as his body would allow.

" Lotor... this is between you and me... just let Adam go." Shiro spoke, raising his hands in a non combative motion.

" You're right... it is about you. That's why you're going to go in that room over there." Lotor ordered, gesturing to a door over his shoulder. It seemed like something that would've been in a slasher movie, like it was a serial killer's basement. Oh wait. That's what Lotor was.

" Not until you let Adam go." Shiro narrowed his eyes.

Adam gulped, and Lotor pulled the knife back from his throat. The guards came over to undo his ankles and chest, as well as unlock the handcuffs that held Adam to the chair. Lotor ripped the duct tape off of Adam's mouth.

" Fine." Lotor spat. And right as he stood Adam up, he drove the knife into his back. Adam hissed and froze before he ultimately fell over. " Take him."

Blood began to leak from him, and Matt pushed past Shiro. Adam crawled toward them, getting blood on the tile floor as he dragged himself.

" Matt, no!" Shiro tried to tell him, but Matt was already helping Adam off of the floor. To Shiro's surprise, Lotor wasn't firing at them. " You monster!" Shiro began to cry as he yelled at him.

" Shh... everything's okay!" Matt whined, lugging Adam back. He got an arm over his shoulder and helped him walk. Adam was gritting his teeth and squinting, not able to see well. Hunk put an arm to Adam's back and applied pressure to the stab wound, then looked to Shiro with tears slipping down his cheeks.

Shiro's lip was quivering, but he couldn't lose it right then and there.

" M-Matt..." Adam stammered.

" Get him out of here... get Lance and Keith... then go." Shiro told the three.

" I'm not leaving you here!" Matt snapped.

" Yes you are!" Shiro raised his voice. " That's an order!"

Matt flinched back, feeling himself crying as well. He loved Shiro too much to think about what Lotor was planning for him. He then looked down to Adam, who was bleeding really bad. He needed medical treatment.

Shiro handed Hunk the keys to his car.

" Make sure he doesn't come back for me."

" But-"

" Do it!" Shiro asserted.

Lotor was laughing his ass off in the background, and Shiro got the door open for them. He made sure the three were out of the basement before turning back to Lotor. He was astonished that Lotor had let them all get away, but it was also concerning.

" I'll never understand you." Lotor said, still holding his bloody knife. " The way you put everyone before yourself is pathetic. Have you no pride?"

Shiro was silent for a moment, but then began to crack his knuckles.

He walked over to the room Lotor had gestured to, stepping inside and waiting in the doorway.

" Let's get this over with." He said darkly. Lotor had hurt those who he loved, and he wasn't going to stand for it anymore.

Upstairs, bodies covered the floor.

Adam hissed with every step they went forward.

" Hey, you did it..." Hunk told him. " Shiro has his shot."