Treasure Hunting

(( Fluffy chapter? Fluffy chapter.))

Even in spite of Keith trying to keep it from him, Lance had gone and done it. He'd found out the date of Keith's birthday, and he was prepared to go all out for him.

That was why he'd planned the whole thing out ahead of time, and stayed up late with Keith the night before to ensure he'd sleep through most of the prep work.

A treasure hunt. That was what Keith would have to go through to find his gift. His boyfriend was turning 21, and Lance wanted it to be perfect for him. They deserved a nice evening together after all of Lotor's shenanigans. Who knew when he'd decide to strike again, right? They had to enjoy peace while they had the privilege of it.

Once everything was set, all Lance had to do was wait.

...

Keith found himself waking up in his own bed, and that wasn't usual since he and Lance had begun seeing each other. He rubbed his eyes, groaning while sitting up.

Kosmo perked up from the foot of the bed.

It wasn't typical for him to sleep in so late, but Keith wasn't concerned with that at that particular moment.

There was a box at the end of the bed, and Keith was obviously confused while switching on his bedside lamp. He pulled it toward himself, squinting and looking at it more inspectingly.

There was a tiny card taped to the top of the black, for the most part flat box. Keith's name was written on the outside of it, then there was a message written on the inside.

Happy birthday. This outfit reminded me of you... so I figured you might like to wear it tonight. That is... if you can find me. Your first clue is hidden somewhere in your room, somewhere you go for a good time. Find me at the end of this hunt and you can have your real present~

-Lance

Keith made a face at first, wondering who'd told Lance about his birthday. It wasn't a big deal at all, his birthday. Keith didn't like being the center of attention for turning a year older. It just didn't make sense to him.

But now Lance was going to create a huge deal out of it and had probably put in way too much effort.

Okay.

Keith would play his game, but only for the sole purpose of not wanting the work to be in vain.

" Somewhere I go for a good time?" He reread it aloud, puzzled and stumped. Keith decided he'd come back to the note later while taking the top off of the box.

This stuff was from Hot Topic, Keith could already tell. Lance had just put it inside of nicer packaging. Lance had probably went through Keith's closet and stalked his wardrobe to find his sizes for everything.

Keith sighed while pulling out the black and red flannel that was almost as soft as Lance's green jacket. Along with the flannel there was a pair of ripped black skinny jeans. It would be a miracle if he could squeeze in them and manage to get out ever again.

Nevertheless, Keith got out of bed. He'd only just woken up, but he was intrigued with Lance's little game. He was beginning to wonder what the final gift was. He assumed that it was probably going to lead to Lance sprawled out somewhere with a bottle of wine, naked and laying in a pile of red rose petals. Or maybe the taller boy would surprise him with something less cliché.

After brushing his teeth and going through his usual morning routine, Keith came back and put on the clothes Lance had asked him to. It was literally dinner time, but his day was just starting.