Chapter 1

Author's note: Since I am doing edits on this book some comments my seem out of place. It's just because I've uploaded the edited version and wanted to save all the comments in which ever way possible but still fix all the mistakes and so on.

Once upon a dreary night, while the graveyard was fast asleep. When restless spirits were at peace, a cute blond girl took a walk.

She was very petite and fragile-looking. To the untrained eye, she would look like a regular girl, but she was quite peculiar.

Cecilia was fascinated, actually obsessed, with the world of the supernatural events and creatures. Some monsters from the nightmares of other people were her biggest obsessions.

On that particular night of the full moon, she was taking a casual stroll, when she got a strange feeling that she was unable to explain, but that came to her from time to time.

The truth was that she had a sixth sense that something was not as it should be. Of course, as always, she dismissed the feeling, thinking it was a side effect of having seen too many supernatural movies and TV shows. However, she did pick up her pace and hurry back home.

As she was walking home, she took a moment to gaze at the full moon and admire its magnificence. At that precise moment, she felt goosebumps all over her skin as she saw an enormous bat fly in front of the full moon.

It reminded her of a classic scene from a horror movie, the bat in the foreground surrounded by the full moon in the background. It was an almost perfect reproduction of any terrifying scene she had ever seen.

Cecilia was frightened but refused to let it show even though she was all alone. She was shaking, and her legs felt as if someone cut them off, but she went on with an air of confidence.

She didn't feel very confident but thought about the horror movies and how, in them, the ones who showed fear were the first ones to die. Moreover, she wasn't afraid of vampires, was she?

Not bothering to answer that question, she hurried home. When she finally arrived home, she locked all the doors and closed all the windows under the excuse (given to herself) that there was too much smog in the air.

Cecilia turned on the lights, and soon enough, she managed to forget about the eerie experience, cataloging it under 'overreaction'. Since it wasn't the first time something like that happened to her, she didn't worry about it too much once safely inside her warm home.

She went to sleep that night as if nothing unusual had ever happened.

Around three o'clock that night, she jumped out of her bed, terrified. What woke her up was an odd, gut feeling that something was wrong.

Since she was living in an apartment building, she told herself that it was just some noise from the neighbors that woke her up. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to fool herself because she knew she wasn't woken by any loud sounds but by an intense and disturbing feeling of being watched.

Reflexively, she looked through the nearby window and saw a dark shadow watching her from the window of the building facing hers. Her heart started beating faster, even as she was trying to think of some rational explanation for the strange situation.

The shadow didn't move, and she could feel its eyes on her, although she tried to convince herself that it was just a coat hanger or something that had a similar shape to a human. As the shadow didn't move, her heart rate began to slow down. Nevertheless, she went to the other room to get away from the creepy stare.

After an hour, she managed to fall asleep again on the sofa in the other room, and morning dispelled all her doubts about supernatural events. She thought of what happened as a continuation of a terrible nightmare she had. That made her feel safe and ordinary.

Deep down, Cecilia knew the truth. A part of her very soul that she kept ignoring told her that she wasn't safe. She was in more danger than she had ever been in her whole life.