Chapter 6

She died in the guest room of a vampire's home. A vampire who was surprisingly different from the one who killed her.

Even though she died, she could still feel the burning pain in every part of her body. Every vein, every muscle, was burning up in the fires that never seemed to subside. She wanted to scream but couldn't.

Complete and utter paralysis took over her body. Not only was she in excruciating pain, but she was also terrified of not being able to move.

"Is this Hell?" she wondered as she burned up.

"Is that what Hell is? Being unable to move, while being slowly consumed by the everlasting fire?" She thought.

She couldn't understand what was happening to her, but she knew it was bad, very bad.

While she suffered in silent agony, her savior thought about what he did.

"Did I help her by not staking her through the heart, or did I condemn her? I still remember the pain I went through when I turned, but it does get better, doesn't it? Once you learn to control that side of yourself, you can lead a good life, can't you?" He kept asking himself the same questions, as his eyes roamed around the room.

Everything was so peaceful, so unnervingly peaceful. He could see that his huge garden was covered in snow. It made it look almost magical, which was quite ironic having in mind what he was.

Whenever the snow fell, everything was even quieter than usual, and he loved that. The only sound in the room was the fire crackling in the fireplace.

Even Cecilia seemed peaceful under the warm covers. The red color of the covers was in striking contrast with her pale face.

He knew that even though she looked peaceful, she was going through the kind of pain no living creature should ever feel.

From time to time, he could hear the wind howling outside, making the house feel even more comfortable, although he was alone in a huge house, with only the dead girl as his company.

At times, he thought it was callous that he kept reading while she went through the worst hours of her life, well, death.

What he didn't know, was that after she became aware and after she understood her situation, it was only the sound of his deep comforting voice that kept her going. It stopped her mind from being completely consumed by the pain.

Also, it helped her realize she wasn't dead after all, and that the pain would probably stop. The reason she thought that was the fact that in Hell, there couldn't be both fire and pain and a soothing voice, could it?

Before she could remember who she was or what happened to her, it was the warm voice keeping her sane. It didn't matter who she was, the only thing that mattered was to push through the excruciating pain, and the voice helped her do that.

Three days and three nights she suffered, and then she rose. Her eyes suddenly flew open revealing dark red irises.