Chapter 18

Cecilia's point of view

I don't seem to be bothered enough even to move. Vampires can stay still for such a long time. I am not even sure how long I have been staring at this same spot on the ceiling. All I know is I tried to think of anything but what happened today but I don't seem to be in control of my mind. I hate that!

Even worse is the fact that it was still me, I did all those horrible things and I would do them again if the opportunity presented itself. Of course, I feel terrible about it now, but I am still a vampire and when I am so near fresh blood nothing else seems to matter. It's like I can see myself doing all those things from somewhere outside of my own body but at the same time, it is still me enjoying the invigorating taste of blood.

Is there anything better than the taste of fresh human blood? The warmth dripping down my throat, down my face, as I sloppily drink it up. The scent of my prey's terror and the metallic scent of blood mixing in perfectly delicious harmony. My prey fighting, trying to escape, but me winning the battle because of how amazing a predator I am.

It would have been even more exciting if I had to chase it if I got the chance to play the game of cat and mouse, oh well maybe next time.

What am I even thinking!? There won't be next time! I will work harder than I ever did and make sure I never hurt another human being! No matter what it costs me I will learn to coexist with humans without hurting them.

What has that monster done to me!? What did Tobias say, what was his name? Oh, yeah, Stanton. How could he destroy my life just like that?

From what I've learned so far, I know that he is an old vampire. He could have controlled himself; he chose not to. Although I can't remember the events surrounding my death clearly, I do remember the feeling emanating from him. I remember that he enjoyed watching me suffer. The more I suffered, the more vicious he got and it seemed to please him immensely to sense my terror and powerlessness.

Then he just left me there like a piece of trash that he no longer found useful. He didn't even spare me a second glance. I bet he wouldn't even recognize me if he saw me again because he just saw his newest source of food, a new victim to scare senseless.

It was clear he often killed and brutally. The worst thing about it was the fact that he never seemed to regret it, at least he didn't regret killing me.

I know about regret now and although I was dying at the time, I would have noticed such a strong reaction as the one I am having now.

How many humans has he killed? Did he torture them as he did me, or did he do something even worse? It did seem that killing me was more impulsive but maybe he killed humans in slower and more painful ways as well.

That cruel sadist! It would be my absolute pleasure to let him get the taste of his own medicine. I wouldn't mind torturing him for days.

Although vampires don't feel pain in the same way, I am sure I could think of something which would be torturous enough for someone as despicable as he is.

I would gladly rip out that tongue of his so that he can't lure in poor innocent humans into his death trap as he lured me. Maybe it wouldn't be painful for him but I sure would enjoy doing it.

Then, I would gouge his eyes out with my bare fingers so that he could never see any potential victims to stalk. Of course, I will do it slowly and painfully!

Yes, I will do all that and more. I will rip his heart out and burn it to ashes! If none of that kills him, I will just chop his head off. So that if it doesn't kill him, I can just throw his head in the most disgusting place on this planet so that no one sees it ever again.

Yes, that is what I will do, I will have my revenge! As soon as I get my instincts under control, I will destroy Stanton and his followers.

But I have to calm down first. I need some time to learn how to control myself. I don't want to hurt any innocent bystanders.

Besides, revenge is the dish best served cold, I need to plan my steps and not just be a stupid little, revengeful vampire. But I shouldn't tell Tobias about it. Even though he is a vampire, I don't think he has it in him to kill someone in cold blood. Even if that someone, deserves to die in the most painful way possible.

He would try to stop me, whether, for my good or theirs. One thing is for sure, he wouldn't let me go through with it. I have to think of a plan and carry it out without him knowing.

For me to be able to do that, I would have to show that I am independent. For now, I will just focus on learning how to curb my hunger and control my instincts. Luckily for me, a vampire's mind can do more than one thing at a time.

Thus, while I am doing that, I will also be able to plan out my revenge in detail. Once I strike, they will not know what hit them.