Chapter 14- Emptiness

MOHIT'S POV

Something was wrong... Something was missing i could feel it....

I hurriedly enter into house... I looked around to spot Meera but she was no where....

Then i walked to our room...
I slowly opened the door making sure i don't disturb her and entered in..... But then stopped .. There was something strange in the room today... As i took in everthing.... My room looks clean for frist time since i married Meera, it looked this clean.... And there was lack of particular scent in room which belongs to Meera....

Meera is very messy person, she always has her things spread around which always irritated me as i was a clean freak...

But today i miss it,why is  everything so much clean...??

Pushing aside the thoughts
Placing my bag on bed i moved towards the closet  I'll change frist then go and find Meera, i thought..

But when i opened the door... Meera's side was totally empty, her clothes her shoes everthing was gone..... There was nothing of her belongings that i could spot

Fear scrept my heart, No.. No.. No.... Where is she..?? It took me time to sink in everthing, an unknown fear began to creep in me...

"Meera!!" i called out her name....
And waited but after few minutes she didn't came... So i started to panic...

"Meera!!" i yelled again...

The door opened and i smiled.... "Meera.. Wh.." my voice got stuck as i saw instead of Meera Abhi was standing....

" She's Gone!! " he said his voice and eyes spitting equal amount of pain and anger that was in my eyes...

" Gone... Where...?? She can't go anywhere without telling me" i fired my question at him...

" she's gone... Leaving you behind this what you wished for right?...... Look it happened! Are you happy now brother..."

I am responsible for this, This is what i had wanted, to detached myself from her but then why it hurts so much... Why i can't imagine myself without her..

" I think this letter has every answer to your question" he said giving me the letter....

I opened it.... Meera's beautiful handwriting inked on the bule paper...

Mohit,

I know you told me to wait till you return so that we can talk, but i can't stay any more....
Maybe because i knew what we were going to talk... Or how like every fight we were going to act like strangers again..

I don't blame you... But i am hurt... And i have been hurting since we married.......

That day on our anniversary.... The things you said in your drunken state hit my heart....

If i had stayed... I would have completely lost my self respect...

Maybe our journey was to end like this... Or maybe we never meant to be together...

I am leaving you.... With a broken heart Mohit...

Because unlike you, i can't control my emotions... Unlike you it hurts when you don't care for me....

Please take care of yourself...

Goodbye........

Meera........

She left......... I slump down

" She's gone....?" i said...

" don't regret now..!!" Abhi snapped...