Chapter 25- Best-friend-brother

Meera's POV

Everything was decorated so beautifully.... For tomorrow's Sangeet and mehndi ceremony...
(pic above)

We all were laughing, joking... Remembering all the embarrassing things we did back in college..

It was fun.. Soon enough everyone started dancing on slow music... Abhi as always flirting with girl's.. And telling how he was being hero and that is how he got Injured. I rolled my eyes.

"Meera" some one called me, i turned around and saw Mahir in front of me.. He extended his hand to me.. "Can i have a dance with you?" he asked..

I smiled and put my palm in his, i got up and we both walk to were everyone was dancing..

"Where is Mohit?" he asked me as we dance.. He was holding me but not in any inappropriate manner..

"Since, abhi is also here Mohit had to handle some work.. So he is kinda busy" I told him..

"O i can understand, he must be always busy.. Seeing he has to handle business all around world " he guessed, i nodded at him.

"So i can be at ease?" he asked "Huh?" i questioned he chuckle " I know how he glare at me, ready to kill when he see me compliment you" he said and my eyes went wide..

I smiled nervously "Mohit is bit possessive.." i tried defending Mohit.. "Absolutely, i could have been same, if i had such a beautiful wife" he said making me blush...

"You never told me you had crush on me" he asked.. I smiled.. "Well it was just a passing crush, the one which every girl has at some age" i tell him Nervously..

"Don't feel embraced Meera, I am glad to know that you had a little crush on me..." he told me..

"So, is there someone in your life?" i asked changing the topic he smiled "there is actually some one" he told me..

"O then you should tell, Aunty she is busy in finding a bride for you" he said..

"Ya once i get a confirmation from girl i will" he said..

The song ended and we parted as he went to welcome some guest..

I walked to were Abhi was... He wince in pain and shifted in more comfortable position.. I can tell from his face that he was in pain..

I think its time for his medicine.. But before that i need to feed  that idiot..

Abhi and my relationship was totally different... I mean one particular relation can't define what we have.. Or are.

We are best friends.. We are like siblings who fight with each other.. Some time he becomes my protective big brother.. Sometimes i become his mother.. When he has some trouble..

We always new what other person is thinking or feeling.. And i could thanks God infinite times for blessing me with him..

And because of him i got Mohit.. My love.. I was so much upset on myself when Abhi came because
I can't be there when he needed me.. And that was eating me..

I know how he crave for motherly love.. Back in school times..

So whenever he use to come home,  my mom use to spoil him with all the love.. And he use to always say 'Meera, I wish Mom was here'. I remember.

I went to kitchen... "Ma'am you here... You could have called.." one of the staff"the chef said..

"that's ok, well i want one of you to make a dinner plate for Mohit.. Remember low fat, minimum oil.. And brown rice" i told them.. The chef nodded..