Chapter 9

Clementines P.O.V
I lay in bed thinking about what could be wrong with me, but then it hit me. No, no, no. I can't be pregnant. My heart started to race and I started to get hot sweats. I need to tell Louis, but not in front of everyone. I need to get him alone somehow.

Mitch walked over to me with a packet of aspirin in his hand.

"Here, this should help with the pain." He said, handing one over to me.

I hesitated. What if it harms the baby? I stared at the aspirin and Mitch handed me a glass of water. What if I'm not pregnant and I'm just sick because the wound is infected? Questions crowded my mind making me panic again.

"Are you gonna take it or what?" Mitch said in a rude tone.

"Yeah. Calm down." I stropped.

I placed the aspirin in my mouth and swallowed it with some water. What have I done? I think I just killed my baby.

Mitch walked out the room and Louis walked in with AJ following behind him. I felt guilty knowing that I had just killed our baby. Our son or daughter. I faked a smile and stopped the tears from falling.

"I'm so happy to see you!" AJ shouted as he hugged me tightly.

"I'm happy to see you too." I said between our hug.

He broke away from the hug and looked at my wound.

"Is it ok?" AJ said as he pointed at my bullet wound.

"Yeah, it's fine." I said as I forced  another smile.

"That's good." He smiled.

I desperately wanted to cry into Louis' arms. The sadness was building up inside of me and it started to hurt. I took a deep breath and held back my tears.

"Do you feel any better?" Louis asked with a kind smile.

I wanted to say no desperately.

"Yeah." I said quietly.

I could feel tears building up in my eyes so I looked down at my knees, to hide them. I imagined what our baby's face would look like in my head. It had My golden eyes, Louis' cute freckles and Louis' kind smile.

I couldn't hold the tears back, so I burst out into tears. Louis instantly pulled me close to him and brought me into a warm hug. I cried into his shoulder as I gripped him harder. I couldn't stop thinking about our little baby. I struggled to breath because I was crying so hard.

"AJ, why don't you go and talk to the others for a bit." Louis said.

"Ok." AJ said sadly as he walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.

I continued to cry into Louis' arms.

"Shhh, I've got you." He said as he rubbed my back with his hand.

I somehow managed to stop myself from crying and I wiped the tears from my eyes.

"I need to tell you something." I cried.

"What is it?" He said with a worried expression.

"I- I don't know if I can tell you." I said.

"You can, baby." He said as he kissed my forehead.

I paused for a moment and took a deep breath.

"Promise you won't be angry at me."  I begged.

"Promise." He said without hesitation.

I took a couple more deep breaths and managed to build up some confidence. I wondered if I should say that I AM pregnant or I WAS pregnant.

"I'm pregnant." I hesitated.

His face turned pale.

"Shit." He said.

"But you took aspirin..." He said with a worried face.

I nodded and looked back down at my knees because I felt guilty. I killed it. I'm a murderer. But what if it's not dead? What if he or she is still alive?

"I'm sorry." I said as a tear rolled down my cheek.

He hugged me tightly and kissed my forehead.

"You don't have to apologise." He said trying to hold back his tears.

"I do." I said.

He didn't answer and he continued to hug me.

"I don't know what to do." I cried.

"We'll figure it out." He said as he hugged me tighter.

"Do you know how far along you are?" He asked.

"Uhh, I haven't thought about that yet." I said as I pulled away from the hug

"The baby might survive." He smiled.

I nodded gently and looked down at my knees.

"I'm a murderer." I cried.

Louis looked at me with sad eyes. He didn't know what to say, so he hugged me again. I wrapped my arms around him and cried. I felt a sudden pain in my stomach that made me groan. Is that the baby?

"You ok." He said with a worried face.

"Yeah, it just hurt for a second." I groaned.

"The wound?" He asked.

"No." I said quietly.

He looked at me and nodded as if he knew what it was.

"That's normal." He said as he kissed my forehead.

"Should we tell the others?" I asked.

"They don't have to know." He said.

"You're right." I replied.

"Let's get some fresh air." He said as he helped me get off the bed.

I nodded and walked with him. When we got outside, we sat down on the sofa and snuggled. The moon was bright and the stars were twinkling. I couldn't stop thinking about our baby. Would Lee protect my baby like he protected me?

~ 10:00pm
We were still sat on the sofa talking about anything we could think of. By now, I was sure that I knew everything about Louis.

"Well I'm going to get some sleep." Louis smirked.

"Yeah I think we need some." I laughed.

We walked to his bedroom and Louis opened the door. We walked in and I closed the door. I climbed into bed and snuggled the corner of the duvet. Louis climbed in and I shuffled over to him.

"Night, night." I whispered.

He kissed me softly.

"Goodnight." He whispered.

I rested my head on his chest and closed my eyes. I felt a storm brewing inside of me. Something worse is about to happen...

Thank you for reading chapter 9!! If you haven't already, add my Instagram (shadows.clace)

Don't forget to vote 🤗