Chapter 39

I wake up and stretch out my aching body. Thankfully, Louis is sleeping next to me with a bandage on is leg. Next time I see Lilly, I am shooting her just like she did to Lou.

I admire his peaceful face whilst he sleeps and I can't seem to stop myself from staring. The way his hair was messy but still looked amazing amused me. A dreadlock was in the wrong position, so I gently move it out of the way. His eyes begin to flutter open and I quickly pretend to be asleep.

"Oi." He giggles.

I struggle to contain my laughter. We both laugh like nothing bad has happened these past days. But then reality hits me. I think about how lonely and scared Luna must be without her mummy and daddy holding onto her tightly. She's barley a week old, she's too young to be away from us. I feel my face falling and I begin to imagine her sweet face in my mind. Just the thought of her brought me over the edge.

"Come here."

He wraps his warm arms around me and I snuggle into him. I wish this all could just be over but I don't think this suffering will end. I hate it. Louis hasn't cried about it yet and I can't help but feel bad. its not fair for him.

"I'm sorry." I choke.

"What?" He asks.

"I'm supposed to be stronger than this." I cry.

"You've done so much for everyone already. What are you on about?" He says softly.

He's right. I have done so much for everyone already. But I hate feeling weak.

"I'm just not used to being so weak. I've always been the one who knew what to do, but now I'm just stuck inside my own head." I sigh, guilt clear in my shaky voice.

"That's understandable." He smiles.

I remove myself from his warm embrace and leave the cosy bed.

"Clem? What are you doing?" He asks.

"Leaving." I say calmly.

"Why?" He moans.

"We need to get our baby. We can't just leave her with that psychopath!" I yell.

"Fuck sake." He mumbles, so quietly that I can't hear.

I place my bag over my shoulder gently after making sure everything is in there. As I am reaching for the door knob, a large hand grips around my wrist tightly and all I can do is gasp.

"Louis wh..."

"Stop rushing. You need to relax." He demands.

I sigh. I can't relax when my daughter is stuck with a psychopath in the middle of nowhere! I wish Louis would just let me be, but at the same time he's right. He's always right.

"How do you expect me to relax Lou?" I sulk. "God, I can't take this anymore." I cry even harder and feel my body fall to the hard, wooden ground.

It was like all the energy was sucked out of me at once. Can this suffering just stop? I hate it, I hate it so much! From Louis' point of view, I must look completely insane. I feel his soft arms gently wrap around me.

I try to think of something that could soothe my pain, but the only thing that I could think of was... well... you know.

"Lou." I say breathlessly.

"What is..."

Before I let him finish his sentence, I bring my lips to his swiftly. The energy between us wasn't as exciting as I wanted it to be, but that didn't stop me. Louis didn't kiss back at all, in fact I could feel him try to pull away and eventually he did.

"Stop it Clem." He says strictly.

"But it's the only thing that..."

"No it's not and you know that." He says, wiping my hair out of my face. "Follow me." He smiles.

I take his hand and he leads me out of the room. The unfamiliar surroundings confuse me slightly, but I like it here. He leads me into another room with a piano in it and I smile because I know exactly what he's gonna do.

"Lou..." I giggle.

He sits on the piano stall and begins playing 'oh my darling Clementine'. I would very much prefer to be by his piano with our letters carved into it, but Louis makes it seems much better.

As he starts to play the tune, I rest my head on his shoulder. The way his fingers glide effortlessly across the keys was relaxing and made me calm down instantly.

"Thank you for doing this Lou." I smile.

"You know Clem, I've been thinking about something these past couple of days..." He says.

"About what?" I ask.

"I want to do something special for you, but I don't know what. I would take you somewhere nice, but there's not a lot of nice places around these days." He smiles.

In this moment, I knew that I wanted to be with this man forever. He's so good to me.

"You don't have to do anything nice for me." I say in a squeaky voice.

"I just want you to be happy." He says softly.

"You already make me so happy Lou." I smile.

"I do?" He says sounding surprised.

"Of course you do! Why do you sound so surprised?" I ask.

"You're just this amazing, strong woman and I'm just... boring." He sighs.

"Boring? Are you crazy?" I ask, shock clear in my voice.

"Maybe a little..." He smiles.

Give this chapter a vote. Sorry for not updating in agesss.