Chapter 48

I put on some black jeans and one of Louis' hoodies that he kindly gave to me. Today I was hoping to see the progress Violet, Ruby, Aasim and Mitch had made on Ericsson's. Louis and I would help them refurnish the place but we have to look after our family instead. The school wasn't far from our home because Louis and I decided to build it close to the school so we could see the others.

"Clementine!" Ruby drops her hammer on the floor and runs over to me for a hug. I gladly accept the hug. Violet does the same and all the boys just smile and continue working.

"How's everything going?" Violet asks.

"Everything is going fine." I smile. "I've never been happier."

"Neither. The apocalypse has settled down but a girl was bitten by a walker the other day. Be careful because it's not over yet and I don't think it will ever really be over." She says and my heart breaks. Just as everything was starting to get better, it all comes crumbling back down. I need to keep reminding myself that everyone is trying their hardest and that's the best we can do.

"The school is looking amazing." I say, changing the conversation into a less depressing one. She looks flattered by that compliment and moves her blonde hair out of her face, revealing the huge scar. I remember she would hide her face using her hair after she got that scar but now she wears it like a medal. It's a sign that she survived and I love that.

"Thanks." She smiles. I begin to wonder if I should tell her about Louis and I planning on adding an addition to our family. Yes, of course I should. She's like a sister to me and she deserves to know.

"Can I tell you something? It's kind of personal..." I quietly say, looking around to see if anyone was watching us. If I am actually pregnant, then I will definitely tell the others. But if I'm not, then I don't want to disappoint anyone, especially myself.

"Sure. What is it?" She asks, looking kind of concerned. I put a brave face on and finally blurt out the words.

"Louis and I are trying for another baby." Her face immediately lights up when I say the words. She pulls me into a warm hug and makes strange squeaking noises. That's why I love her.

"Are you serious? That's great!" She half whispers and half yells. "Any reason why?" She asks.

"Yeah. Luna wants a brother or sister and to be fair, I really want to have another baby again. I get that we're still young but I love Louis more than anything and he said-" I stop myself before continuing the sentence. Should I tell her that Louis technically proposed to me? What if he just said that?

"He said...?" She edges me on to keep talking.

"He said that he wants to spend the rest of his life with me and he would marry me." Once again, her face lights up and she starts jumping up and down excitedly.

"Oh my gosh. Can I be the maid of honour?" She begs with her hands in a praying position.

"Of course you can!" I say and pull her into a hug. "He hasn't proposed yet and I'm not sure if I want to get married for a couple years. It will still happen though." I smile.

"About the baby..." She says quietly, looking around to see if anyone was looking and luckily they weren't. They were all too focused on their work to listen. I nod and edge her to carry on talking. "Have you guys... tried yet?" I nod again and she jumps up and down like a 5 year old.

A hand grabs my shoulder and I jump and elbow whoever it was in the chest. Once I realise who it was, I put my hands over my mouth and gasp.

"Lou! You scared me!" I scream and he rubs his chest better. "I'm so sorry." I wrap my arms around him and almost cry for hurting him. That's definitely going to leave a bruise.

"It's fine, baby." He smiles and kisses my forehead. "I was worried. You left without telling me."

"I was only right here." My arms were around his neck and my nose was softly nuzzling into his.

"I know. I just worry about you." He says softly and my heart flutters

Violet coughs twice to get our attention. Oops, I forgot that she was there for a moment. I know that sounds selfish but whenever I'm around Louis everything around me turns foggy. That's what love does to you.

"Wait... Louis did you leave Luna and AJ alone?" I panic and his face goes white.

"Shit." He slaps his hand over his mouth and begins to panic. "Sorry vi we gotta go." I hug her one last time before sprinting back home with Louis beside me. When we arrive back home, the door was left open and I start to feel dizzy.

"Lou..." I say with tears in my eyes. "How could you?" I yell and he looks extremely guilty. I think back to what violet told me about the little girl that was bitten and I can't help but worry for my two children.