Chapter 37

This chapter is much, much longer than the others. Hope you enjoy! Give this chapter a vote :)

Luckily, Lilly didn't notice me right away so I try to keep it that way by keeping my head down.

"Clementine, go back behind the tree." Louis whispers.

I feel Lilly's eyes on me and I begin to panic.

"Clementine..." Lilly says in an evil yet confused voice. Fuck, she noticed me.

She looks at me and then at my baby. Oh no. If she hurts Luna, I am going to kill her. Actually, I should  just kill her right now since she shot my boyfriend.

"You have a baby?" She smiles and it makes me feel uneasy.

I ignore her and keep my head down. I should of just stayed with the others instead of stupidly putting myself and Luna in danger.

"Don't move or I'll hurt you." I say between my teeth.

"What? By throwing your baby at me?" She stupidly jokes.

Louis holds his gun up in the air and Lilly does the same to Louis. He places his finger over the trigger but Lilly shoots him before he can get to her. Louis falls to the ground and holds his leg in agony. Oh god. I fall to the floor and panic. Ruby intervenes and takes Luna off me because I had placed her on the floor in panic.

"I'm fine Clem." Louis smiles and gets up off the floor using all of his strength.

I look at him with a unconvinced face because blood was clearly pouring out of his leg.

"Where's Lun..."

Before Louis can even say the words, Lilly is tackling Ruby to the ground and attempting to take Luna out of her arms. Everything was going in slo motion. I quickly grab the gun and point it at Lilly's head. Memories from when she was a kind person came flooding back, but I push them away by coming back into this harsh reality. I pull the trigger only to realise that there were no bullets left. Lilly had managed to take Luna and she had sprinted off into the distance. I try to sprint after her, but she was way too fast for me. I hear Luna's cries get further and further away. She's gone, my baby is gone. I collapse onto floor and cry my eyes out before a warm hand rests on my tense shoulder and brings me into a hug.

"We will kill that bitch and get her back, I promise." Violet says quietly into my ear.

"S-She- she..." I stutter and struggle to form a sentence because I'm crying so hard.

I feeling of anger overcomes me and I stand up and storm off over to the woman guarding the community's gate, leaving everyone with a worried look upon their faces.

"Clem, What are you..." Louis says.

"Did you enjoy watching that, huh? My baby is gone and god knows what the hell that bitch is gonna do to her. You could of shot her, but instead you watched the whole thing." I rage at the woman. I feel my face heating up and I desperately wanted to punch her.

The woman's face turns pale and guilt is clearly written all over her face. But I don't care.

"I am so sorry." She says quietly and looks down at the floor.

"I'm guessing now you're not gonna let us in and you're just gonna let us die out here. Well thanks a lot asshole." I scream and storm off leaving everyone behind.

"Wait." The woman yells.

I hesitate before turning around and looking up at the woman again. is she gonna let us in or not? I can't deal with this shit right now.