Chapter 35

Before you read, I just want to say that the love and support I have been getting means so much to me. Also, if you want to suggest any ideas for this story just comment them because I read every comment. Thank you!

We stand in a circle and discuss what the hell that light could be. It could be a community, like the one me and Kenny could of gone too. Or it could just be a forest fire.

"We need to check it out, it could be a community. I was apart of one once." I say and everyone looks intrigued.

"Or it could be a trap." Aasim interrupts and everyone's face falls. He has a point.

"That's why we need to be sneaky. If it is a community then we can ask if they can let us in. Sometimes they are full and they have to let people go... I would know." I sigh.

God, I hope it's a community because my baby needs to grow up in a safe environment free from walkers and raiders. Not in the middle of the forest.

"She's right. Tomorrow morning we will travel over there. But for now we need to rest, it's too dangerous out here." Louis suggests.

"I'm sure we can find a cave somewhere and make a campfire." Ruby says.

"Everyone spread out and look for anywhere to stay for the night. Collect sticks for a campfire on the way." I say.

Everyone spreads out, except me and Louis stay together. We are never leaving each others side ever again. We search around the dark forest and find nothing except a couple sticks that could come in handy for later.

"Hey, this could work." Louis points to a small cave that looked really secure.

"You're a genius Louis." I say excitedly and hug him.

"Guys! Come over here." I call.

They all come running over to us and luckily Ruby was proudly holding a torch in her hand so now we can all see properly. 

"Good work guys." Ruby smiles.

We all crouch down and get into the safe cave one by one. It was a tight fit, but perfect for all of us. Ruby puts the torch in the middle so the cave was now light and warm. Louis takes Luna out of his coat and holds her in his arms. Luckily for us, she was still fast asleep. Everyone looks at her adorable face and smiles.

"I don't like babies but your one is adorable." Violet smiles and I smile back. She's so sweet.

"Can I hold her?" AJ begs and stretches his arms out in front of him.

"Sure. Just be careful." I take Luna off of Louis and hand it to AJ carefully.

He wasn't holding her perfectly but he was trying his best. Luna starts to wake up and she begins to cry. AJ's happy face turns into a sad face when he realises that he was the one that was making her cry. He hands her to me and I rock her gently so she calms down slightly. I look to Louis and see that he was rubbing his shoulder. Shit, I forgot about that.

"Oh Lou." I squeak and bring him into a warm hug.

"What's wrong?" Violet asks. The concern was clear in her shaky voice.

"He got shot." I say quietly.

"I did manage to bring along some medical supplies." Ruby says. Thank god.