Chapter 38

Clementine sits up slowly, still keeping her head pointed down at her lap. Her whole body was still except her hands, which were resting at her sides, were shaking and sweating violently. I bring her into a warm hug and she does nothing but cry loudly into my shoulder. I could hear the pain in her cries and it was killing me. I wish I could stop her from hurting. But It's hard.

"I want her back so much." Her words are shakey and filled with pain.

"Me too." I say and move the greasy hair from her pale face.

She was struggling to keep her puffy eyes open
"You need to rest." I say softly into her ear.

She sniffles and nods gently. I try to move away from the hug, but she doesn't want to. So I do what she wants and I keep her in my arms. I didn't want her to let go anyways. The weird Jesus dude comes over to the two of us and smiles softly. How can he be so calm?

"There's a room through that door. You guys can stay there." He points to the wooden door on the other side of the room.

Clems head is still buried into my shoulder and she doesn't want to move. So, I pick her up bridal style and carry her into the dark room. I flip the switch and the dim light comes on, revealing the cosy looking room. The bed was wooden and looked as if it has never been slept in before. I carry Clem over to the comfortable bed and place her down gently.

"Come here." She begs.

I turn the light off and close the door so the room is completely dark before going under the fresh duvet with her. I wrap my arms around her and make sure that she is comfortable.

"Lou... I don't feel anything." She says anxiously.

I don't blame her. She's felt so much heartache that her mind cannot process no longer and to be honest I feel the same. I just want our baby back.

"Everything is going to be ok." I say calmly.

"I just don't know what to feel anymore. I'm mad at the others because they didn't even try to save my baby and I'm sad because Luna is gone and she might not come back." She says quietly.

"She will come back. We are going to find her tomorrow morning. But first, we need to rest." I suggest.

"...You're right." She sighs.

"This place is nice." I say happily.

"Yeah it is really nice." She smiles.

"Do you think there is a piano?" I ask eagerly.

"Definitely. This place his huge." She says.

"... Because I wanted to play you a song that I wrote." I say shyly.

"Lou, you're so cute." She giggles.

It's nice to hear her laugh, especially after this crap day.

Clementines pov
It's cute that Louis gets embarrassed when he talks about the songs he writes on the piano. I wish I could feel completely happy but right now it's too difficult. There's this darkness that's growing in me and I hate it more than anything.

"Do you remember the first time we met?" Louis asks.

My heart melts just thinking about it. My life before him was so different and now it's everything I could ever ask for. I remember the first time I looked him in the eyes, the first time we laughed together and most importantly the first time that we kissed.

"How could I forget?" I say softly.

"I thought you were the most beautiful human being I had ever seen." He smiles.

"You did?" I say sounding surprised.

"...Yeah." He says shyly.

"Do you know what I thought when I first saw you?" I say.

"Tell me." He says eagerly.

"I thought you were the cutest human being ever. I remember when you smiled at me for the first time and that was the most adorable thing ever." I smile.

He places a small kiss on my forehead. I love it when he does that. My fingers entwine slowly with his, and all of the sudden I felt glad to be safe. I don't feel fully happy though. I could never feel fully happy until we get Luna back.

"Shit, I forgot. Your bullet wound." I panic and sit up quickly.

"Just relax. I've got it under contr-"

"Please just let me patch you up..."

"Clem!" He says loudly but in a soft tone.

I take a deep breath and realise that I'm being over-dramatic about everything. I need to chill the hell out.

"I will wait until you fall asleep and then I'll leave and get patched up. You need to rest." He says strictly.

I take another deep breath and lie back down slowly. I find myself pulling the hair from my aching head and rubbing my temples, but Louis comforts me. In some ways I feel like I am annoying him by being so over-dramatic. But I can't help it.

"You're right, Lou. God, why are you always right?" I say in an annoyed tone.

My hormones are all over the place at the moment and I don't know what to do with myself. I hear Louis giggling.

"Calm down." He giggles softly.

"Ok, ok... I'm calm." I say, and take one last deep breath.

I cuddle up to Louis' warm chest, and listen to his steady heartbeat as I slowly drift off into a peaceful sleep. At last, I am finally calm and not panicking about things for no reason. I just hope we can get Luna back as soon as possible.